2018 Expedition Max!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Caprice / Expedition
length: 215.1 221.9
width: 79.3 79.9
wheelbase: 116 131.6
height: 58.1 76.4

------------------------------------------
1986 Caprice Classic 5.0 Estate 2018 Expedition MAX 2WD XLT
That's pretty interesting. Ford had its 1984 Ford Country Squire Station Wagon

1200px-1982_ltd_country_squire_frontleft.jpg

Or this one...

tumblr_ou9mkmot2b1u2if3uo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow back in the Day displacement didn’t translate to power. Speaking of that my buddy said for 2019 the dealer said the 5.0 coyote is being phased out and the 3.0 powerstroke will replace it. I will never buy a new ford vehicle if that’s the case, if they truely abandon V8 and displacement im out. Ill walk straight into GM and claim my family discount at a GMC dealership instead. I could never do a chevy.

Last edited:

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow back in the Day displacement didn’t translate to power. Speaking of that my buddy said for 2019 the dealer said the 5.0 coyote is being phased out and the 3.0 powerstroke will replace it. I will never buy a new ford vehicle if that’s the case, if they truely abandon V8 and displacement im out. Ill walk straight into GM and claim my family discount at a GMC dealership instead. I could never do a chevy.
I currently own a 67 mustang with a push rod 289 V8 that I’ve had since 94 (I love it but it’s no comparison to current v8s) and I’ve also owned v6’s, 4 bangers, and a flat 4. I use to feel like there was no replacement for displacement but I’m no longer in that boat. Having test driven a eco boost I’m more than happy to take that over a v8. Just my personal feelings on the matter. What makes the v8 so special to you?

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
your dealer is full of bull muffins, the 5.0 is not going anywhere for a long time, at least another 8 years.
Its also finally available as a crate engine with several HP ratings.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-M50A

Dealers only care about whats on the lot and how fast it can be sold..

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I currently own a 67 mustang with a push rod 289 V8 that I’ve had since 94 (I love it but it’s no comparison to current v8s) and I’ve also owned v6’s, 4 bangers, and a flat 4. I use to feel like there was no replacement for displacement but I’m no longer in that boat. Having test driven a eco boost I’m more than happy to take that over a v8. Just my personal feelings on the matter. What makes the v8 so special to you?

Sound, longevity, endless potential for power, the list goes on and on. V8 NA powerplants are commonly seen going half a million miles when maintained they are simple and low stress. The 5.0 coyote is good for 700 horsepower/610 ib ft of torque when supercharged, limitless power available should you be a guy who does your own builds. I like ecoboost and V8 in different ways one isn’t the end all. I would consider a 3.5 one day but the V8 isn’t to just be tossed to the wind, different strokes for different folks. The 3.5 is fun to drive and has great power, but when i hop in a mustang i better hear a throaty V8 you know? For the expy or half ton? Yes the 3.5 is great. For a mustang or 1 Ton pickup? No thanks.

Last edited:

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The max does look a bit stretched since the new one is not as tall as the 3rd gen. Your something like 3 inches longer and over an inch less height so it gives the wagon look a bit. Nothing too bad though it’s still nice.:) I thought it looked more like a hearse with the long back window.

The Max is AWESOME, it’s so cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyway yes the MAX is pretty cool but so is the regular. The higher trim interiors like platinum are very nice, REALLY NICE.

Last edited:

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sound, longevity, endless potential for power, the list goes on and on. V8 NA powerplants are commonly seen going half a million miles when maintained they are simple and low stress. The 5.0 coyote is good for 700 horsepower/610 ib ft of torque when supercharged, limitless power available should you be a guy who does your own builds. I like ecoboost and V8 in different ways one isn’t the end all. I would consider a 3.5 one day but the V8 isn’t to just be tossed to the wind, different strokes for different folks. The 3.5 is fun to drive and has great power, but when i hop in a mustang i better hear a throaty V8 you know? For the expy or half ton? Yes the 3.5 is great. For a mustang or 1 Ton pickup? No thanks.
Yeah I’m curious about the longevity on the eco boost as well, they seem to have held up in the f150’s but I haven’t heard anyone with a couple hundred thousand miles yet. The eco boost in the new Ford GT puts out big numbers (650hp) and a aggressive sound.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m curious about the longevity on the eco boost as well, they seem to have held up in the f150’s but I haven’t heard anyone with a couple hundred thousand miles yet. The eco boost in the new Ford GT puts out big numbers (650hp) and a aggressive sound.

It will last change your oil often is my only key recommendation. There are a few around with 200k on the clock. Timing chain and tensioners tend to go up there in the miles but those are replaceable. The 5.0 V8 gets 750 horse in the Shelby F-150, there is no beating the sound of the 5.0. The lifespan of that ecoboost in the GT is stupid low, i doubt anyone buys it. much better supercars are available.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360