2018 Expedition Reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've noticed the same hard downshift around 3/4, and I think in very similar conditions, breaking rather hard from speed.. Only once or twice so far, but your post sounds like my experience as well.
I have also felt hard downshifting around 4/3/2 as well, but only in Sport mode. In Normal or Eco (hahaha) it is smooth as silk.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with the motor trend assessment on the handling, it’s really easy to forget I’m driving such an enormous land yatch. My dad liked to point out how big it is and how crappy it must be to drive, he quit making those comments after a quick drive through some twisties in the North Ga mountains.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The ride and handling keeps getting dinged by critics. Consumer rpts put the ride as a low pt on their ltd max 301 review

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ride and handling keeps getting dinged by critics. Consumer rpts put the ride as a low pt on their ltd max 301 review

They can complain all they want the reality is it’s a truck based SUV. They can make it softer sure but only if they take away capability and give “softer” which equals “weaker” springs.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score