2018 Expedition Reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, the Denali and the Escalade (and the Tahoe RST) all get the 10 speed for 2018 and those fuel economy numbers are out. According to GMC's website, they're not claiming any improvement over the 6 speed... And seriously, does anyone buying this size/price of vehicle really care about a one or two mpg difference on the sticker of your vehicle?

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the Denali and the Escalade (and the Tahoe RST) all get the 10 speed for 2018 and those fuel economy numbers are out. According to GMC's website, they're not claiming any improvement over the 6 speed... And seriously, does anyone buying this size/price of vehicle really care about a one or two mpg difference on the sticker of your vehicle?

And the vehicles you mentioned above all have the big 6.2 liter engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And the vehicles you mentioned above all have the big 6.2 liter engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, yes they do. But GM doesn't seem to be using the 10 speed in pursuit of increased fuel economy when paired with the 6.2L. I, for one, am not expecting GM to suddenly turn around and tune it for vastly increased fuel economy when paired with the 5.3L. Particularly when the complaints with the 5.3L is not fuel economy but throttle response...

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I came across this Navigator review, the reviewer called it ‘slow’.

https://www.thestreet.com/video/143...the-90-000-second-home-you-always-wanted.html

This review is a joke! First off the 3.5 is anything but “slow”..... second i saw the words “too big” “too heavy” and the reviewer basically wishes it was a more compact unibody design! Are you F***ing kidding me?! Fire this person! Don’t get me started on this, an SUV has a truck frame under it. There is no such thing as a compact SUV those are CUVs or better known as cars with taller body panels. The size is the whole point of these.

Last edited:

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This review is a joke! First off the 3.5 is anything but “slow”..... second i saw the words “too big” “too heavy” and the reviewer basically wishes it was a more compact unibody design! Are you F***ing kidding me?! Fire this person! Don’t get me started on this, an SUV has a truck frame under it. There is no such thing as a compact SUV those are CUVs or better known as cars with taller body panels. The size is the whole point of these.
My thoughts exactly. I never understand where these types of reviews even come from. If he can’t be without bias it’s not a review, it’s an opinion piece. There was another one I won’t post from the auto show debut and he complained about everything all the way down to the Lincoln tag on the rear carpet. It was so annoying I had to keep watching to see exactly how lame it could be. I was not disappointed.