2018 Expedition Sync 3 Radio Sirius Channel Surfing/Seeking???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heather Vines

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new here so bear with me! I picked up my new 2018 expedition on Wednesday and I'm trying to figure out if there's a work-around for something that's bugging me with the radio. For reference, it has the sync 3 radio equipped with sirius. I love to channel surf while I'm driving, like start at the top and click through each channel until I find something I like. I came from a 2014 grand cherokee and I could use one of the steering wheelcontrols to move through each individual channel (not presets). I know I can use the tune dial or the seek buttons below the screen but I'm pretty short and it's quite a reach while I'm driving. The only function my steering wheel button has is to move through presets. I have to change the source to switchpreset banks but then after bank 3, I have to go through am/fm and some other input options before I can get back to my sirius channels. Is there some kind of secret menu I can access somewhere to change my steering wheel function or maybe something they can reprogram at the dealership?

8131full

Full Access Members
Reaction score
same here.

What i've done as a work around is to preset 5 channels on each of the 3 presets (15 channels that I'm most likely to find something to listen to). And then use the left/right arrows on the right side of the steering wheel to scroll through each 5, and then the M button to select the next preset. If I can't find something at that point, I usually switch over to bluetooth.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
same here.

What i've done as a work around is to preset 5 channels on each of the 3 presets (15 channels that I'm most likely to find something to listen to). And then use the left/right arrows on the right side of the steering wheel to scroll through each 5, and then the M button to select the next preset. If I can't find something at that point, I usually switch over to bluetooth.
So you can switch preset lists from the steering wheel? I know how to go from channel to channel on the wheel but not move to the next bank of 5 presets.

8131full

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So you can switch preset lists from the steering wheel? I know how to go from channel to channel on the wheel but not move to the next bank of 5 presets.

yeah, the 'M' button right side of steering wheel, in the middle of the up/down, left/right buttons.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, the 'M' button right side of steering wheel, in the middle of the up/down, left/right buttons.
I’m in a Navigator so no ‘M’ button. I’m sure there is an equivalent control.... thanks!!

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
M=source button. It toggles through the sources. AM bank, FM bank, Xm bank 1, 2, 3, and Bluetooth

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I found the ‘Source’ button on the Navigator is on the middle console under the piano key shifter, there is also l the option to switch sources in a menu from the steering wheel and a voice command as well. I went from thinking I didn’t have this option to now having three haha

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I found the ‘Source’ button on the Navigator is on the middle console under the piano key shifter, there is also l the option to switch sources in a menu from the steering wheel and a voice command as well. I went from thinking I didn’t have this option to now having three haha
What is the music note button on the Navi steering wheel?

One of my biggest (only?) complaints about the Expy is the lack of a media display in the gauge cluster; there is no reason one of the options for the center of the cluster (or part of it) shouldn't be to display the track and artist playing. If you have a menu option for that in the gauge cluster I bet Lincoln gave you that option...and if so, I am jealous.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is the music note button on the Navi steering wheel?

One of my biggest (only?) complaints about the Expy is the lack of a media display in the gauge cluster; there is no reason one of the options for the center of the cluster (or part of it) shouldn't be to display the track and artist playing. If you have a menu option for that in the gauge cluster I bet Lincoln gave you that option...and if so, I am jealous.
The music button brings up the menu to switch sources and There are a couple other things in there...that menu is in the gauge cluster and there is an option for it to display there all the time if you wish. At the very top of the cluster it always displays the track or channel you are listening too but you can also pin a more detailed version as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes