2018 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Will the 2018 Expedition share the aluminum front end with the current F150?

it will not, it will have aluminum panels like the trucks but will not share the front end. the f150 itself will recieve a mid cycle refresh with a front end closer to the super duties for my18, the expy most likely look like a more burly explorer with the body of the navigator concept

cdauto-fordexpedition-9616-2-1.jpg

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the expedition interior and design anymore...#navigator

Mr. 10K

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hopefully this new one brings the beautiful design of the sec gens back, they were nice inside and out. exterior wise, the expy always been nice, but the interior is suspect now. lincoln is still developing the suspension on the navi becuz they still testing it using the design mules but it has the navi concept front end which is great its a gorgeous design.

OP
OP
P

Pappy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All I know is that the '18 Expy will be aluminum.

OP
OP
P

Pappy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welllll, I went to the State Fair of Texas today. Got to see the Raptor up close for the first time. It's a heck of a truck, but I have no use for the initial expense and upkeep of 4wd. I also got to talk to a Ford Factory rep for just a minute. She told me that we wouldn't see or hear much about the '18 Expedition before the Detroit Auto Show in January, and might not hear much even then. I couldn't get any info about whether or not and/or how much crossover there'll be between it and the F-150. The Raptor really does look very nice. :)

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if they push back these suvs another yr, im goin volvo xc90

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
they are pretty credible, a little late with this one but they were the dirat i can remember with the spy photos of the 2015 expy. heres hoping for january.

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's the one I want. Notice the PowerStroke badge & eight lug wheels. Just set it on top of a good air suspension so it won't ride like an iron wheeled wagon. View attachment 17953

Sure - - - I GIMPed it. And we'll prolly never see one any more real than this pic, , , but I still want one.

like the look except the back half how it's so "boxy looking"

PrepVet

Reaction score
As far as I've seen, the only indication that the Bronco is Ranger based is that they'll both be assembled in the same plant. There are a Humongus Bunch of people hoping it'll be F-150 based - with a Raptor version.

BTW - the 2017 F-150 has been loaded into "Build & Price" at Ford.com & the Raptor model is included.
That is my hope. I would be all over one.