2018 Ford Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I pulled up these two videos and placed them on side-by-side tabs.....they look very much the same to me on the outside.

In all fairness though....it isn't exactly like either set of designers had much room to change the entire mold!

jeff

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
though you can tell the influence, i still prefer the 18 expy to the gms, the 18 f150, the current exp and the 17 super duty. all this means nothing if its not executed properly though.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The C-pillar should be black IMO.

And if you are going to expose the tail pipe, why not make it attractive? And dual, like Explorer?

2018-expedition-platinum-closed-trunk-e1486611644714.jpg

2018-ford-expedition-chicago-2017.jpg

Our local new car show is coming up in the next few weeks, looking forward to seeing this in person. (although not a buyer)

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gosh Andy, that even makes them look MORE alike to me but I'm not saying that as a slam, especially when I've known for some time that DL is just waiting for the release date so he can get his. The tech is going to be a huge boon and as I looked again at the dash....the sense of taking out the shift lever begins to show. The '18s have the driver/passenger designated temps are integrated directly in the knobs of the climate controls.....and they would be tough to see if the shift lever was still employed.

It does show though that it's mighty tough to get a truck that doesn't look like every other truck when buying a SUV. When I bought my 2 seater several years ago I wanted two things....one was it had to be a convertible and two, I didn't want a car that looked like every other car on the road. I succeeded but I don't think I would have had I been buying a SUV.

jeff

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Andy....did you remove the black plastic dam from under the front of your truck?

I just noticed in the pics in your signature that it appears to be missing. I took mine off a few weeks ago when we were supposed to get a big snowfall but it never came....but I kind of like the look with it removed so I'm not sure that I'm going to put it back on....

jeff

20161113_143148.jpg

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Andy....did you remove the black plastic dam from under the front of your truck?

I just noticed in the pics in your signature that it appears to be missing. I took mine off a few weeks ago when we were supposed to get a big snowfall but it never came....but I kind of like the look with it removed so I'm not sure that I'm going to put it back on....

jeff

View attachment 19894
No it's still there. It's been too crappy to crawl under it to see what is involved in taking it off. I don't do any off-roading and we rarely get any deep snow here so I'll probably just leave alone. :) Now if I find out that it improves gas mileage, then I'll definitely take it off.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LOL...I can't say that it improves the mileage BUT since removing it, my average-since-new mileage has gone from 17.4 to 17.5. The manual said there was a half dozen twist lock bolts to remove it.....i found that there was actually 2 large (maybe 10x30mm) bolts + one or two zip bolt retaining it. I removed the two bolts and cut the nylon zippers since I have a whole care of assorted sizes.

jeff

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
word on the street...the blacked out c pillar is suppose to be for the navi..

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some photos I took of a 2018 test mule with some miles on it. Maybe don't reply and quote this post.

The keyless entry remains and is more Explorer like. Pardon lighting, etc.

IMG_1617_zpslnbv3osl.jpg

Initially thought they were heating elements but most likely AM/FM antennas along bottom of windshield from the center over to the passenger side. Nothing on the drivers side.

Did see a very faint grid on passenger side rear quarter window like current generation, so not sure.
IMG_1587_zpsoubes9yy.jpg

On the drivers side there was this small rectangular panel that looked like it contained LEDs. I am wondering if these light up bright red and reflect off the windsheild as part of some forward crash avoidance maybe? "Sound Screen" logo was on windshield as well.
IMG_1619_zpspuhwvhj6.jpg

Headlamps were impressive in person.
IMG_1570_zpsis63rosn.jpg

All 4 door handles had this interesting 5 line raised row, all on the top trailing side of the handle.
IMG_1575_zpsn5m9e0ei.jpg

Puddle lamps under side mirrors look like current
IMG_1615_zps53bwt6ws.jpg

IMG_1573_zpsqimrhjpg.jpg

IMG_1578_zpsypsqducd.jpg

IMG_1610_zpsedc4gdjf.jpg

What I thought were going to be active shutters were not:
IMG_1611_zpslz9e7lcd.jpg

IMG_1612_zpse0tmxmu0.jpg

Dual exhaust all the way back to a dual inlet/dual outlet muffler situated on the passengerside, with the spare tire moved offset moreso to the drivers side
IMG_1602_zpszeqov1z8.jpg

IMG_1601_zpsgbqnvwmt.jpg

IMG_1638_zpsonbmlgkc.jpg

IMG_1580_zpsq0ssk6cf.jpg

IMG_1592_zpsqyxej4mv.jpg

IMG_1585_zps9a5zfvj8.jpg

Staff opened the door for me to sit inside, but asked that I not take any photos. Pretty nice truck overall, I think Ford has a winner here.