2018 Ford Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
flexpedition,

Great pictures! Thanks! My 17 has that same sound shield windshield logo. The three lines on the door handle are probably for the intelligent keyless entry. If you have the key in your pocket you just touch the lines on door handle and it will unlock the door for you.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Flex,

Those are some dynamite pics and thanks for taking the time to take & post them for us!

Now that DL has found that the Navigator is going to have HUD, I wonder if that rectangular box makes more sense now? Maybe HUD also as an option on the Platinum series?

jeff

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go ahead Andy...when you're rich you can do that....us poor guys just have to make do.........I'm just teasing buddy but that's the "danger" in looking too long and too hard at the newer, younger, better built models....and it applies to a lot more than just trucks!

jeff

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go ahead Andy...when you're rich you can do that....us poor guys just have to make do.........I'm just teasing buddy but that's the "danger" in looking too long and too hard at the newer, younger, better built models....and it applies to a lot more than just trucks!

jeff
LOL! Agreed!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
a lot of us believe the platinum trim will have a 400 hp tuned 3.5l and the other models will havr the std 365hp tune

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sharing a few more noteworthy pics I snapped:

Dual panel vista roof:
IMG_1639_zpsc4hbbqwp.jpg

Its nice to see the roof panel indentions that can hold about a gallon of water have been inverted.

I was told this display / test mule truck was "99% of what the production model would be" and I noticed the roof rails didn't seem to have any noticeable provisions for cross bars. Odd.

ac03fe80-88f3-4ee3-9a24-973595fe552d_zpsoiw5cxeq.jpg

The following are all suspension related and were all taken (I believe) from the passenger side. It appears this Platinum model does not have air load leveling rear suspension. Otherwise, it looks like Ford is keeping the front and rear geometry largely unchanged.

IMG_1598_zpsq9zgfl8y.jpg

IMG_1599_zpsmnwvodwp.jpg

IMG_1595_zpssk6infnu.jpg

IMG_1596_zps2fzu1igf.jpg

Rear HVAC looks similar if not unchanged:
IMG_1594_zpsbggnle3c.jpg