2018 Expy - Official Gas Mileage Released

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Ford website has finally posted the official numbers and they are good:

17/24 - regular length (XLT, Limited, Platinum)

17/23 - Max (XLT, Limited, Platinum)

I assume these numbers are for the 4x2 but not sure, I couldn't find the 4x4 numbers. Either way, I think they are very good for a vehicle this large, and just beat out Tahoe and Suburban which are both 16/23 for 4x2.

Last edited:

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Bro it's 4x2 & 4x4 not 2x2, but that's good mpg for a full size truck yea...is it gonna be upshifting to 6th before you pull out of your driveway though?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If i remember correctly 17/22 for 4wd swb and 16/21 for lwb

hunter991

Reaction score
But really, why buy a truck or large SUV with 2wd? I understand some don't need it, but why not have it. Even for launching a boat or something on a steep ramp. 4x2 doesn't interest me in the least.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For me, my 2wd truck has been just as capable as any other vehicle ive had, 4wd or not. My main reason for the truck is the comfort in both space and seating as well as ride comfort. Also, the space has also been useful as ive used the space available many times that no other vehicle wouldve been able to carry. Also, there is many a time i used the third row as well. Its true that we have a glorified minivan and if i liked how they looked id own one but i hate the minivan general look and profile(the pacifica and sedona are beautiful cars however). My dad has a 4wd truck but gets mad if you use it. I dnt see the justification of a 4wd truck to add the 3k. If i moved further north or was an offroader, then id reconsider it.

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live in an area where 4 wheel drive really helps in the winter. But I have a friends who live in the south that always buy 2 wheel drive. In fact go look online at a Chevy dealer in someplace like Miami, the majority of their Suburbans will be 2 wheel drive. Same with Ford and Expeditions.

In the northeast where I live, you would never ever find a 2 wheel drive Expy or Suburban.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But really, why buy a truck or large SUV with 2wd? I understand some don't need it, but why not have it. Even for launching a boat or something on a steep ramp. 4x2 doesn't interest me in the least.

Launching your own boat? Peasant! Ballers keep them at the marina.

4X4 is a $3K upgrade. I've probably put 100 yards on mine since 2008...

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In fact go look online at a Chevy dealer in someplace like Miami, the majority of their Suburbans will be 2 wheel drive.

Miami Lakes Chevrolet claims to have the largest new inventory in the area. 633 new vehicles. 30 are 4WD. Less than 5%.
25 Suburbans, one 4X4. 26 Tahoes, all 2WD.

hunter991

Reaction score
And i would bet more than half these people don't need a truck, they need a van. Either way, just my opinion. I do live where 4x4 is a necessity, but i don't think i would buy a truck without it even if i lived in Mexico.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree if your down south and never going to take it off-road why spend 3 grand just to lose tons of money in gas over the time you have the vehicle. It barely adds anything to resale.