2018 Navigator engine verses 2018 Expedition engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wonder if all the components (I.E. turbos, injectors etc) are the same for the 2018 Navigator & the 2018 Expedition. If so an ECU recalibration would be all that is needed to have a 450hp/500lbft torque engine in the 2018 expedition.
I assume the Raptor & Navigator engines are the same
wonder if anyone on this forum has access to the details of each engine???:emotions34:
Would be interesting to find out
When I look at the Navigator pricing it appears that you could get one of them fro about the same price as a loaded expedition & have the 450hp engine to boot!!!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can probably fond the information your looking for on the f150 raptor engine here:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum4/

The navi select trim can be had for about 80k with no options, which is about how much an expy platinum trim fully loaded would be(non max). A navi select is essentially a expy limited with no options but w/ 22in wheel option(note: youd have to get 302a pkg for limited to have 22in wheels, but that pkg is more loaded std than a navi select std) if i could afford one, thats what id get, blk cherry navi select with the tech pkg cd player and 30 way seats

OP
OP
M

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can probably fond the information your looking for on the f150 raptor engine here:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum4/

The navi select trim can be had for about 80k with no options, which is about how much an expy platinum trim fully loaded would be(non max). A navi select is essentially a expy limited with no options but w/ 22in wheel option(note: youd have to get 302a pkg for limited to have 22in wheels, but that pkg is more loaded std than a navi select std) if i could afford one, thats what id get, blk cherry navi select with the tech pkg cd player and 30 way seats
Been trying to find the overall length of the standard Expy & the Navi.
Do you have that information available

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
210" total length, 122" wheelbase, 81" width and 76" height

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 2018 Expy will come with the Gen 2 Ecoboost engine and yes, you will find in a few months the "tune" for that engine from https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/ and I wouldn't trust anyone else's. The issue they found in the Gen 1 engines was at around the 420HP mark, they uncovered some weakness in the bottom end.....I don't know if Ford has addressed that on the Gen 2 engines but I suspect they have with the HP figures that I'm seeing coming out of Ford for the Gen 2's various renditions!

jeff

OP
OP
M

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 2018 Expy will come with the Gen 2 Ecoboost engine and yes, you will find in a few months the "tune" for that engine from https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/ and I wouldn't trust anyone else's. The issue they found in the Gen 1 engines was at around the 420HP mark, they uncovered some weakness in the bottom end.....I don't know if Ford has addressed that on the Gen 2 engines but I suspect they have with the HP figures that I'm seeing coming out of Ford for the Gen 2's various renditions!

jeff

Thank you Jeff
I have used livernois calibrations in all 4 of the ecoboost vehicles I have owned
they are 2011 F150, 2013 Flex 3.5 eco boost, 2013 Taurus SHO & 2016 Explorer Sport
Very happy with their calibrations (FYI I think TUNES sounds kind of hokey)

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No pb...heres another helpful spec

Fuel tank capacity is down to 25 from 28 on swb models, down 30 from 33 on lwb models.

emil_greus

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My first post on this forum and I hope i am not too much off-topic :)

For sure also other engines will be fitted on the new Expedition in the near future.

I guess the 2.7 L Ecoboost (the same available on F150) will be added for the entry level specs and most likely not on the Navigator.

If somebody have some knowledge about the engines options (except of the 3.5 L Ecoboost in two power levels), please share. I am interested in a new Expedition (Explorer is rather small for what I need) with a small engine option to be used in Europe. I hope Ford will decide for this variant soon.

Last edited:

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello everyone! My first post on this forum and I hope i am not too much off-topic :)

For sure also other engines will be fitted on the new Expedition in the near future.

I guess the 2.7 L Ecoboost (the same available on F150) will be added for the entry level specs and most likely not on the Navigator.

If somebody have some knowledge about the engines options (except of the 3.5 L Ecoboost in two power levels), please share. I am interested in a new Expedition (Explorer is rather small for what I need) with a small engine option to be used in Europe. I hope Ford will decide for this variant soon.
All I can tell you is what I have read from people tuning the smaller eco boost engines and they have reported pretty impressive numbers from the 2.7 liter engines and really impressive numbers from the 3.0 liters. It appears either of these engines would be fine in a full-size SUV depending on the tube from Ford.