2018 Navigator engine verses 2018 Expedition engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Original Post Deleted. Both the HO and base Ecoboost are 24V DOHC engines so it must just be a different tune.

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! My first post on this forum and I hope i am not too much off-topic :)

For sure also other engines will be fitted on the new Expedition in the near future.

I guess the 2.7 L Ecoboost (the same available on F150) will be added for the entry level specs and most likely not on the Navigator.

If somebody have some knowledge about the engines options (except of the 3.5 L Ecoboost in two power levels), please share. I am interested in a new Expedition (Explorer is rather small for what I need) with a small engine option to be used in Europe. I hope Ford will decide for this variant soon.
Welcome to the forum! From what I've read here the 3.5 is the engine for the Expedition here in the states. There are two different versions being used. The standard version with 380 HP for the XLT, and Limited, and the 400 HP version being used in the Platinum and in the Navigator.

JacobZ06

Reaction score
I believe the Navigator uses the Raptor engine, which has completely different internals compared with the normal 3.5 EB engine.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the Navigator uses the Raptor engine, which has completely different internals compared with the normal 3.5 EB engine.
It is the 2nd gen version of the EcoBoost only Lincoln doesn't call it an EcoBoost engine, they call it their Twin-Turbocharged 3.5L V6. It has the Port Fuel and Direct injection and produces 450HP at 5500 RPM with 510 Ft/Lbs of torque at 3000 RPM.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jacob, could you shine some light on the differences? I'm hard pressed to find what they are. I did some digging and found they are all 24V DOHC engines. It appears to be a tuning difference from the factory. The 510 torque is huge, GM is going to have to counter that with something. Time for them to back to the drawing boards with their 6.2.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it's like the regular 6.2 in the Super Duty vs the Raptor 6.2 different motor. However that being said the Raptor has 450 horse the navi will have 400? I'm leaning toward what Andy is saying that it's a tuned standard Eco. I believe the HO is a premium fuel only engine at a higher compression.

Last edited:

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2018 Lincoln Navigator has 450 Horsepower and 510 ft/lbs of torque using 93 octane. I am thinking the bottom end components are stronger than the Expeditions to achieve that much power.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man 450 horse and 510 torque out of that.... I'd be afraid to own it just because of the stress on the lower end. So much power out of these newer motors. The F-150 nightmare is using a supercharged 5.0 coyote and getting 600 horsepower and 560 torque. Then you have the Shelby F-150 with the 5.0 at 750 horsepower.

Last edited:

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
450HP / 510 torque yet it is only rated to tow 8,700 lbs. With that much power I would expect 11,000 lbs like the F150's. I suspect it has something to do with the adjustable suspension.