2018+ Post Pictures Thread!- Lets see those shiny new trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
SHW, how many miles do you have on your truck and how long was your trip? 24mpg sounds amazing and something I’m hoping wasn’t a fluke or miscalculation because I had a ‘14 with a 5.4 that I got 19-20 on trips when loaded up with the wife, kids, dog and all the gear we needed for a long weekend and I was happy with that but in my ‘17, I never once was even able to hit 17mpg and the last trip we took, I had the wind to my back both ways.

Just got back and I did 28 mpg until the highway closed for 30 minutes for a funeral. So by the time we got home 26 mpg which isn’t bad at all! When I was going 75 mph I was under 2k rpm and hubbys truck was 2500. I’m thinking that 10 speed transmission makes a difference!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How long did it take to gwt ur mileage that high? Is ur max a 2wd or 4wd?

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I filled up at Maverick in the White Mountains, and while driving on the 260 about an hour into it, I started checking the fuel, since there was a heavy police presence, I had to watch my lead foot. I used the cruise control for a short time...I went up to 95 mpg to pass but kept her about 5 miles over the posted limit (except to pass).

I’m so impressed with her gas mileage... that’s why my hubby and I were comparing his F150 against the Expedition. He too was impressed! . We attributed it to the 10 speed transmission too. My Explorer Sport never had gas mileage that good! But then again I did have a lead foot about 95% of the time driving it... so does the new owner too....lol

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you basing this on the computer? I don’t trust those things. I’m not saying they don’t get close, but have seen many times when the actual math is done that they are off.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got back and I did 28 mpg until the highway closed for 30 minutes for a funeral. So by the time we got home 26 mpg which isn’t bad at all! When I was going 75 mph I was under 2k rpm and hubbys truck was 2500. I’m thinking that 10 speed transmission makes a difference!

What year F-150 does he have? My Expedition is around 2,000 rpm even at 75 MPH..... also just because your computer says it’s doing 28 MPG doesn’t mean it’s doing it lol

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
He drove the 2015 but we have a 2018 too.

He did the math too - because our mileage was that high.

Since getting home I made the mistake of taking it to a car wash and it was hit by an old goat. . Just called his insurance company...sigh. Good news is body shop thought it was under $500, if they get the parts in. Order tow package is all I can say! Lucky for me it was trim piece.