2018 Rear Entertainment Initial Feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Jholzha

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the RSE can play Blu-ray Discs? I can’t seem to find any information on this. Thanks!

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Blu Ray didn't work for me either. Haven't tried streaming yet, but DVD works just fine.

MonkeyBrains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
BluRay is not supported on the RSE, it’s just DVD. You can stream from an Android device as well, I don’t think it works from iOS. Played with the system a bit, but had no intention of buying an Expy with the system unless I found one that also had everything else I wanted. Not impressed with the entertainment system at all... It’s actually rather pathetic considering the price. I had the RSE in my 2012 Expy and it was problematic to say the least, repaired multiple times. And this system feels even cheaper and less refined, given the tech that’s available and what they could be doing with it.

OP
OP
zarga

zarga

Reaction score
The audio lag is a product of the Bluetooth audio processing through Sync, not the RSE. Connect the monitors to a portable bluetooth speaker and the lip sync is no longer an issue.

Could you please help me with this? I ordered a little bluetooth speaker today with a carabiner to clip onto the headrest. When I tried to pair it with SYNC, I got an error that the speaker was not compatible. When I paired it with the headrest, I got the same lag as through SYNC. When I plugged the audio cable from the speaker into the headrest, the audio aligned with the video. It's not elegant, but at least we can all hear the audio without the kids having to use headphones.

On a separate not, the passenger video screen has been flaky since almost the day I got it; the buttons would blink red and the screen would flicker, even when turned off. The dealer finally replaced the headset last week, but when I was out getting this speaker set up the lights were blinking again and now the screen is flashing with static. Back the dealer I go...