2024 Timberline Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ksdirtgirl89

Reaction score
I just got a 2024 Timberline and had the dealer put on a "level kit" with 18" wheels and 33 tires. Recently I noticed that the back sits lower than the front by 2". The front wheels also rub when turning. I talked to the maintenance manager at the dealership and he seems to think the only option is to either go with a 3" lift or take it back to stock. I want the extra clearance that comes with a lift because of my job but I dont want it to sit too high, mostly because Im short. Has anyone been able to do a lift and have 33 tires on it without rubbing?

Pawpaw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got a 2024 Timberline and had the dealer put on a "level kit" with 18" wheels and 33 tires. Recently I noticed that the back sits lower than the front by 2". The front wheels also rub when turning. I talked to the maintenance manager at the dealership and he seems to think the only option is to either go with a 3" lift or take it back to stock. I want the extra clearance that comes with a lift because of my job but I dont want it to sit too high, mostly because Im short. Has anyone been able to do a lift and have 33 tires on it without rubbing?

I have a '21 FX4 at stock height running 33 inch BFG's and no rubbing...even towing our 8K pound camper. 275x70x18 KO2's.

RacerBX1

Reaction score
Unless you are mistaken on what you had done you were taken to the cleaners because the Timberline came from the factory leveled with a 1” lift, 18” wheels and 33” tires, and no rubbing.

OP
OP
ksdirtgirl89

ksdirtgirl89

Reaction score
Unless you are mistaken on what you had done you were taken to the cleaners because the Timberline came from the factory leveled with a 1” lift, 18” wheels and 33” tires, and no rubbing.
I did want the different wheels and tires already knowing the stock wheels and tires were the same size. It was just a look preference. But I dont understand why it would rub, even with the additional lift to it. I did not know that it came already leveled and I dont believe the dealership knew that either.

Pawpaw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IMG_6257.JPG

33x11 BFG's on stock wheels. Stock height FX4 and not even come close to rubbing. Ride good on and offroad and still get great mileage and performance!

Last edited:

Lumberjack

Reaction score
They knew! What wheels did you go with. The wrong backspacing could be throwing you off. Look underneath, what’s there, all factory stuff or aftermarket crap? I would be going back to the stealership.

OP
OP
ksdirtgirl89

ksdirtgirl89

Reaction score
They knew! What wheels did you go with. The wrong backspacing could be throwing you off. Look underneath, what’s there, all factory stuff or aftermarket crap? I would be going back to the stealership.
Im going back Wednesday and we're going to get things figured out in person instead of over text. The dealership is 1.5 hours away from me so I figured we would get things done in person quicker. I also know the owner personally and he's not happy about what they did.

badfish

Reaction score
Im going back Wednesday and we're going to get things figured out in person instead of over text. The dealership is 1.5 hours away from me so I figured we would get things done in person quicker. I also know the owner personally and he's not happy about what they did.
Can you provide an update on you r most recent dealer visit?