2nd Gen bench seatback swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrBlargMan

Reaction score
Hey everybody!

So I have a 2nd gen Expedition with the bench seat in the front.
I wish so bad that I had a center console, but I couldn't pass up the deal on this thing.

But I was thinking. The F-150's have a bench seat with a similar folding middle seat back.
And the F-150's have a console / storage area inside said folding middle seat back.
I know that both also have pretty much the same means of folding / unfolding the seat back.

Does anybody know for sure if it's possible to swap a console style middle seat back from an F-150 into the Expeditions?

Thanks!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get a good price on a custom console now...if I get a good price i'll sell u mine for $100 +shipping

OP
OP
MrBlargMan

MrBlargMan

Reaction score
I sure do appreciate the offer, but due to the 60/40 split of the bench, I would also have to replace the entire passenger seat as well to make room for the console. Haven't made it to the junk yard yet, but going to give the F-150 middle seatback a try.

Travistyson1

Reaction score
Did you ever try the f150 seat swap. I would like to do the same lots of kids and grandkids so the extra seat in the truck would be great for me