2nd Row, Center Seat: Fold-down Console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tartanalien

Reaction score
Hello folks,

So, I'm new here, and having done a bit of reading of threads I can't seem to find anything specifically related to what I'm thinking.

I'm looking to purchase a used Expedition of the 2007 - 2014 generation, but nothing seems to come with the exact seat configuration I would like. It seems that I can either have the second row as 3 seats (with possibly the option of removing the center one?), or as 2 captains chairs, but no option for a center console; so exploring options of a mod.

I like the idea of a center console for the second row, particularly for long trips, but I don't really want to lose the middle seat as that would then result in less load space when there was 5 of us on the trip, as someone would be sitting in the third row. There seem to be a few good options available if I have the Captain seat style second row, but I wonder how easy it would be to modify the center seat such that when the back folded down it would act as a center console, with drink holders, perhaps a lockable storage compartment, pop up arm rests(? - OK I may be pushing my luck on that front), etc.

Has anyone done this, or have any thoughts on the potential of the idea?

Thanks guys
Jamie

Also, as a side note. Does anyone happen to know from what year and with which trim level reclining rear seats became available?