3rd brake light is DED... D-E-D ....DED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Dovahkiin

Reaction score
So I noticed my driver side brake light and 3rd light were not working but the turn signal were. After searching this forum, I found that everyone talking about the stalk. So after giving it a good cleaning with contact cleaner, the brake light works perfectly.

Except for the 3rd brake light.

Is there a fuse for it? Does the wire run under the headliner? Driver side? Is there a plug anywhere in the line? Is it controlled by the brake switch?

( so many questions...who does this guy think he is...)

JJ

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
since your tail/brake lights are working The fuse is good #13 it provides power to the Brake Position Switch

Power goes from the BPS to both the stalk and also to the 3rd brake lights But from the BPS to the 3rd lights there are 3 connectors TWO are in the overhead head liner.

Pull the 3ed light and check for voltage at the connector when the brake pedal is pressed

Can you read and understand wiring diagrams and do you have a volt/ohm meter

OP
OP
Mr Dovahkiin

Mr Dovahkiin

Reaction score
since your tail/brake lights are working The fuse is good #13 it provides power to the Brake Position Switch

Power goes from the BPS to both the stalk and also to the 3rd brake lights But from the BPS to the 3rd lights there are 3 connectors TWO are in the overhead head liner.

Pull the 3ed light and check for voltage at the connector when the brake pedal is pressed

Can you read and understand wiring diagrams and do you have a volt/ohm meter

There is no voltage when pedal is pressed. There is continuity to ground. That's why i was thinking either a connector or a fuse. If you have a wire diagram, i can chase it down and see where the fault is.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where did you measure for voltage at??

Prints attached The are not the best quality You may have to print them and the enlarge them

You should be concerned with 90-02 and 03 but these are the complete circuit

90-01.gif

90-02.gif

90-03.gif

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 3 connectors are C201 Located on the floor near the EMG Brake pedal
C910 and C420 Both are above the headliner center of the roof You should be able to reach both of them

OP
OP
Mr Dovahkiin

Mr Dovahkiin

Reaction score
referring to page 90-3, i checked voltage on C904,C905, and C906. I had 0 voltage on the positive side and ~3 ohms resistance in reference to ground. Now if i am reading this correctly, on wire 511 LG ( light Green ), there are several connectors. C201M/C201F, C429M/C429F and C910M/C910F. The source is S231. It can be anywhere in that circuit. Now i need to know if that wire runs up the drivers A pillar and down the left die or does it run under the headliner. Which means that i might have to remove the over-head console.

I just noticed, there is an S911 joint, that means that it could just be under the rear trim piece. That might be the place to start looking.

EDIT:

I just saw your other reply when i posted. So i guess its time to hunt. LOL

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look at the prints

On the 3rd page From the BPS line 511 goes to a splice S231 From there it goes to C201

Then go to page 2 Then it continues to C420 and C910

You need to check for voltage at C201 I will send a print of the location and pin layout for C201

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oaisdghfopuasdbnv