3rd Row Glass Chrome Window Sill Trim Accent Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrc50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Window trim looks great! I may try it on mine, how long did it take to put it on?

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Window trim looks great! I may try it on mine, how long did it take to put it on?
JRC, it took about 30 minutes per side, but I was taking my time. I cleaned the glass then wiped it down with denatured alcohol and dried buffed it a little with clean cloth. Then I taped it to where I thought it should go and moved it around a little until I thought I had it perfect, then I flipped it up took off the backing on the tape and checked it to make sure that it was still where I wanted it then I stuck it to the glass. I Had the window open so I squeezed from both sides as far as I could get and rubbed the hell out of it to make sure it was making good contact. I don'w want them to come off in the automatic carwash. :) Today I gave them a nice coat of wax to keep the acid rain off of them. :D

jrc50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unfortunatly in checking the vendor site they do not make them for the standard length Expedition, I have sent them a question if they plan to in the future, will advise answer

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

jrc50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, placed order. It is a 2017 Limited Expedition, a clone to yours but standard length to answer your question. Looking forward to installing them. Now just want to find a decent set of rear mudflaps that hang down enough and do not look homemade!

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, placed order. It is a 2017 Limited Expedition, a clone to yours but standard length to answer your question. Looking forward to installing them. Now just want to find a decent set of rear mudflaps that hang down enough and do not look homemade!

I bought both front and rear for mine at a local auto parts store. I had to get some self tapping screws and seal them with caulk tar, but they are still good and tough. I use my Expy off-road quite often and these are a must. The fronts have to be flat to allow for the retractable step.