3rd Row Glass Chrome Window Sill Trim Accent Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve been eyeing these for a while. I hate how ford didn’t finish off the chrome trim on the rear glass on the limited’s. Also looking forward to seeing the led tail lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pretty sure these are what I fitted. But I don't see version for the front with the retractable running boards.

Installing the rear required removing the wheels to fit tools in there.

-- Chuck

The rear mud guards will work fine. The front will have to be flat flaps that are flush with the retractable running boards. Easy to purchase anywhere, even Walmart.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had to jack mine up to get the clearance, then used a 90 degree drill head to fit in. Not ideal, but it works. Mine have been through Nevada off-road hell and still working fine. Not an professional job, but the utility is superb.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok andy..where did you order the glass chrome pieces from
I like very much, seeing it with the whole side view really looks like it should have been there all along

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did it to my trick a couple years ago... took them off last year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a huge chrome guy and that strip was the first thing I disposed of when we took delivery of our 2017 platinum; I also plastidipped the wheels. Great job on the install though.
Mikeysentra,

Your truck looks good. I like the way the wheels look. I'm happy with the chrome strip on the 3rd row glass. I like the way it sets it off.

Was the factory strip just held on with tape?

mikeysentra

Reaction score
Mikeysentra,

Your truck looks good. I like the way the wheels look. I'm happy with the chrome strip on the 3rd row glass. I like the way it sets it off.

Was the factory strip just held on with tape?

Thanks. Yeah the strip is double sticky taped on. I let the truck sit in the sun for a hour and started peeling back with a plastic scraper while pushing on the glass with my palm so I wouldn’t brake the glass.

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
JRC, it took about 30 minutes per side, but I was taking my time. I cleaned the glass then wiped it down with denatured alcohol and dried buffed it a little with clean cloth. Then I taped it to where I thought it should go and moved it around a little until I thought I had it perfect, then I flipped it up took off the backing on the tape and checked it to make sure that it was still where I wanted it then I stuck it to the glass. I Had the window open so I squeezed from both sides as far as I could get and rubbed the hell out of it to make sure it was making good contact. I don'w want them to come off in the automatic carwash. :) Today I gave them a nice coat of wax to keep the acid rain off of them. :D

Hi Andy, Great to see some of you guys catching up to what I did several years ago. Glad someone found the standard length showing my truck. Yours looks great Andy. And I really like the Trim you found for the tail lights as well.

For the record I actually installed the trim on my Door belts as well. (all 4 Doors) One of them I actually had to do again a year later due to a nice chunk of hail hitting it and putting a substantial dent in it.

Classy Looking truck Andy!