4 months of ownership...'17 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's just the difference between Americans and...oh, nvmd, you guys know....LOL

Yes, we went up to Lancaster...Horsesh*t capital of PA(Not being mean but the smell of Lancaster always smells of manure) to surprise her sister who was there with a bunch of old biddies on a "quilting vacation". They were all very sweet old ladies though and they had some very serious skills which I can appreciate. My baby wanted to go so badly that she offered to drive both ways so I could take a nap AND to drive her Rogue....how could I say no? We left around 3PM & I slept all the way up, then we all went out to dinner at some smorgasbord place & went back to their hotel meeting room so they could show us all the stuff they were working on. Then I took another nap while she drove us home. It sure made me appreciate my truck! I would never tell her but her Rogue is noisy as heck on the road...wind noise, road noise, mechanical noise....just very noisy in comparison. I took that pic on the way home right before going to sleep!

I've never felt the need to carry so I don't even own a hand piece but I love shooting/hunting and would certainly fight for your right to carry!

jeff
They grow a lot of mushrooms in Lancaster :) and it's mostly farms once you get outside the city.

Maryland isn't a very gun friendly state these days. My cousin lives there and he has remarked how difficult it is to get a carry permit. If congress passes constitutional carry that will eliminate that problem. I like to be prepared. It is one of the reasons that I hate flying, can't carry a gun, can't carry a knife, even a small one, and you can't even take a bottle of water with you from home. I like the analogy that it's better to have a fire extinguisher or a parachute and not need it than to not have one and need it. :)

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's just the difference between Americans and...oh, nvmd, you guys know....LOL

Yes, we went up to Lancaster...Horsesh*t capital of PA(Not being mean but the smell of Lancaster always smells of manure) to surprise her sister who was there with a bunch of old biddies on a "quilting vacation". They were all very sweet old ladies though and they had some very serious skills which I can appreciate. My baby wanted to go so badly that she offered to drive both ways so I could take a nap AND to drive her Rogue....how could I say no? We left around 3PM & I slept all the way up, then we all went out to dinner at some smorgasbord place & went back to their hotel meeting room so they could show us all the stuff they were working on. Then I took another nap while she drove us home. It sure made me appreciate my truck! I would never tell her but her Rogue is noisy as heck on the road...wind noise, road noise, mechanical noise....just very noisy in comparison. I took that pic on the way home right before going to sleep!

I've never felt the need to carry so I don't even own a hand piece but I love shooting/hunting and would certainly fight for your right to carry!

jeff

Jeff, I respect your choices, but remember it is YOUR right to carry as well. It is OUR right as Americans. Of all the Constitutional amendments, the 2nd Amendment is worded so clearly, so precisely with so few words that it was never to be misunderstood or misconstrued. But there will always be those who want to control the population and meddle with this simple amendment.

I do agree with the quietness of the Expedition. Even my wife's nice Venza is louder than my Expy despite being an upgraded crossover. I think it is the difference between unit body construction and body on frame construction of the Expedition that makes a clear difference.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They grow a lot of mushrooms in Lancaster :) and it's mostly farms once you get outside the city.

Maryland isn't a very gun friendly state these days. My cousin lives there and he has remarked how difficult it is to get a carry permit. If congress passes constitutional carry that will eliminate that problem. I like to be prepared. It is one of the reasons that I hate flying, can't carry a gun, can't carry a knife, even a small one, and you can't even take a bottle of water with you from home. I like the analogy that it's better to have a fire extinguisher or a parachute and not need it than to not have one and need it. :)

Agreed! As Americans, we have traditionally been able to legally protect ourselves. I NEVER expect to use this protection, but to be able to protect ourselves is a huge difference between us and the rest of the world.

Plus, there is no better stress-reliever than a few hours out at the range and the smell of Hoppes afterwards!! I once suggested to a buddy we make an aftershave that is Hoppe Scented!!

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Someone said that if you remove the cup holder for the third row seats there is a lot of storage space under the cup holder. it might be a good out of sight place put something you don't want the average guy to find. Apparently you squeeze the center to pop out the cup holder.

I tried this and it is a great suggestion. Thanks Andy for passing that along. Let's not tell anybody...okay...?:patriot:

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What the naz*-americans are doing nationwide, since they can't outlaw our weapons, is to TAX them! My sweethearts family lives in NY and her brother has to pay a YEARLY TAX for each of the guns in his collection! It's crazy!

Agreed, MD is very naz*-like....they tax everything but the air we breath and worse, several years ago, they changed the licensing laws for hunters and fishermen. I grew up on the bay and we USED to get one fishing license...now there is a salt water, a freshwater, a Rockfish, a Trout then they added a crabbing license...all designed to get more money so they can spend it...and it's never, ever "enough"! The new Governor rescinded the planned increases in the tolls....and better yet, they showed the old price with a slash through it, then list the new reduced price underneath!

That's the "new model"....automatic graduating increases....that way it happens after they leave office. Just like the ACA subsidies ending at the end of 2017....most folks have no idea that all subsidies end this year and those costs are shifted to the states...which will have huge state tax increases to continue them....

but there's hope...we'll see!

I agree about the Hoppes flavored aftershave though. I went out last night with my NV gear...just saw 1 opossum....even an air gun is loud as heck at 3AM!

jeff

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your all making me incredibly jealous... Love my 09 but after having a 16 for a loaner... Im almost ready to make the move. I had a base model 16 EL loaner and was getting 20MPG as an average... 22 on the highway- using regular 87 Oct... Gotta buy used to save from the depreciation hit- however there is one issue I have... mytouch. I hate it, has anyone heard of possibly changing out the mytouch to the new sync 3- ie, buying a used 2015 Limited and swapping out for a Sync3 from a 17??? Its drastically better... DRASTICALLY. I just don't want to have to wait even longer to find a used one... Toying with a red 2015 salvage-rebuild King Ranch EL that has rear damage for only $16K with minimal damage... repair is basic and its a deal, but if im going through that much I could wait and get what I really want- a white Limited/Platinum with factory 22's...
15's have Sync 2, 16's and above have Sync 3...

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
15's have Sync 2, 16's and above have Sync 3...
I get the "Ford Adventure" magazine ....I didn't sign up for it, they just send it as part of their advertizing I guess but I did see a reference note at the bottom of one of the pages that indicated that for those with 2015's, there is a hardware/software(available for an extra cost) to update the '15's to Sync-3. It was referring to one of the cars models listed at the rear of the publication so I'm not positive that it applies to Expy's too but if someone is interested, a phone call should tell you all that you need to know about possibly upgrading the Sync.

jeff

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I get the "Ford Adventure" magazine ....I didn't sign up for it, they just send it as part of their advertizing I guess but I did see a reference note at the bottom of one of the pages that indicated that for those with 2015's, there is a hardware/software(available for an extra cost) to update the '15's to Sync-3. It was referring to one of the cars models listed at the rear of the publication so I'm not positive that it applies to Expy's too but if someone is interested, a phone call should tell you all that you need to know about possibly upgrading the Sync.

jeff
It is a pain, and NOT cheap. Saw the price recently, but can't find the link. Also, not sure like you said that it would be available for Expy.