4wd and TSC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I still don't understand what is making people think this happens before 4A "kicks in." It's near impossible to tell that it's doing anything except you have grip on all 4 wheels.

Am I missing some sort of sign that 4A is working? Because on mine there are none except for the fact that it works, hahahaha.

Do you have any Off Road displays? Pitch, Roll, steering angle, drive train configuration, and the sweetest one of all....a display that shows how much power is being applied to each wheel? I can see my the power applied to the front wheels when I'm in any mode using the front wheels.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's a 2015-2018 thing, I'm in a 2012 ;)

I can't imagine those displays update as fast as the transfer case can shift torque. Maybe it can, but I would be very surprised.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's a 2015-2018 thing, I'm in a 2012 ;)

I can't imagine those displays update as fast as the transfer case can shift torque. Maybe it can, but I would be very surprised.

They're pretty quick, and follow my foot on the throttle nicely. Certainly, there is some delay and the information provided (IMO), is a cool thing. But....doesn't provide me with any real data I need to know. Like a thermometer that shows 1/10s of a degree. Really?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're pretty quick, and follow my foot on the throttle nicely. Certainly, there is some delay and the information provided (IMO), is a cool thing. But....doesn't provide me with any real data I need to know. Like a thermometer that shows 1/10s of a degree. Really?

Yea thats in the pickup, pretty much tells us well.....not much, at least on the SD. There is no 4Auto either so Not the same. Doubt its quick enough for this application. Our expys just display the 4WD mode selected in the message center.

Last edited:

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Besides. when 4A is active, there is always some power being applied to the front wheels. So there is nothing to "turn on"; its only a matter of shifting power. And that, gentlemen, is PFM to me.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have any Off Road displays? Pitch, Roll, steering angle, drive train configuration, and the sweetest one of all....a display that shows how much power is being applied to each wheel? I can see my the power applied to the front wheels when I'm in any mode using the front wheels.

I completely forgot I had this...next time it snows, I’m going to bring this up and watch what happens in the different 4wd modes/TCS modes. Cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
The Off Road display shows grade angles. I had it on crossing the Blue Ridge a while ago and into West by-god and when I had time to look at it it was interesting to see the angles. Same for power distribution.

On my Type 2 dash display I rarely have the tach showing, unlike the displays where it's there all the time. The auto transmission handles max rpm shifts just fine without me watching the revs.

-- Chuck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360