4x4 Light On but still in 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roger_

Reaction score
I have a 99 ford expedition 5.4l with the full time 4wd system. Its been sitting for about a year and the battery was completely dead. This year I put a new battery in it and started it up and on the dash the 4x4 light was on even though the switch was set to the 4wd option. Its driving like its in 4wd and it wont shift into 4x4 or 4low. Any ideas on what wrong?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Being its been sitting I would get under the expy and have someone inside try shifting it back and forth into and out of 4wd while to tap the shift motor with a rubber mallet. It may be just stuck from sitting so long Make sure you have someone inside that you trust Don't get one of your enemies to do this.

Post the results AND BE CAREFUL

OP
OP
R

Roger_

Reaction score
Being its been sitting I would get under the expy and have someone inside try shifting it back and forth into and out of 4wd while to tap the shift motor with a rubber mallet. It may be just stuck from sitting so long Make sure you have someone inside that you trust Don't get one of your enemies to do this.

Thanks for the suggestion i will try that as soon as possible

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score

Hahaha any person that is not on your life insurance payout would be considered a safe person.