5 Star vs MPT tuning for 24 Valve 5.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

copper

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have an SCT X4 tuner and I'm trying to decide whether to go with 5 Star or MPT for my tunes.

I've heard all about 5 Star across the Expedition and F-150 forums and the amazing performance that comes from Mike's tunes. I was going with this route until I read from a couple of F-150 owners (2004 - 2008) that the MPT tunes they received seemed to have more torque produced on the lower end of the rpms. The mid and high rpms seemed to be very equal between the tunes, but the low end of MPT seemed stronger than 5 Star.

I don't see any 2nd gen Expedition options offered by MPT, so I may need to call.

Can anyone confirm what experiences they have for this? The prices are comparable and I'd be going for 87 Performance/Extreme tunes along with towing tunes. I know I'll be gaining a decent amount of performance from whichever one I go with, but if there was an advantage from one over the other, then I'd like to take it.

Thanks in advance!