50" Curved LED lightbar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hamburgertime

Reaction score
Anyone have some shots of this on a 3rd gen expy? 50 or 52 Curved LED Lightbar right above the windshield?

Would an f150 bar/mount fit here?

Thx

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Poor location for it on any vehicle imho. The glare will shine down right through the windshield. Better to set it back further or mount it behind the grille.

botts

Reaction score
If you want, I could mock one up on mine, let me know.

I've got a bunch of 50" curved at work.

I put a 36" behind my grill so it isn't a cop magnet. It's still got awesome light output though.

OP
OP
H

Hamburgertime

Reaction score
If you want, I could mock one up on mine, let me know.

I've got a bunch of 50" curved at work.

I put a 36" behind my grill so it isn't a cop magnet. It's still got awesome light output though.

If you don't mind that would be awesome, no need to go out of your way for me though! Do you know what brackets would be needed to mount this? I'm not sure if there are universal ones out there that would work from an f150 since they are very similar in size there.

Are they also illegal out in AB?

Cheers

Kellogg

Reaction score
Hi there! I want to install such a light bar on my car too. I've got it from ledoutfitters store here. Where did you get yours, by the way? I don't exactly know how to install it, so I need some guidance with wiring. Can you help me?

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hamburgertime

Reaction score
Yeah, that sounded genuine. Well what's important is that it looks good up there, right? The amount/position of useful/detrimental light it produces is irrelevant.

It was genuine. As I said, I will keep it in mind. I didn't specify why I wanted to do this, so saying it is a poor idea to mount it there without knowing my application purpose doesn't help me much. Perhaps I want a cheap light option up high that can project more light into a dark area at night while my vehicle is parked? Say at like a camp site, out in the woods or a bonfire of some sort? If they were completely useless there probably wouldn't be as big of a market for them.

Potential of glare while driving is note worthy, saying it is a poor location without knowing my reasoning, not so much.

Cheers

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's a "cheap light option" unless it's the Chinese knock-offs.
What about mounting it between the roof rack rails, down low, so it blends in? You could even put a light layer of window tint (or spray tint) on the lens so it's not as obvious for POLICE, yet will still produce plenty of light.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni