8 weeks to order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stout

Reaction score
Is it actually 8 weeks to order one? These kinds of things often go over.

What's the usual deposit to order one?

If Ford comes out with killer incentives at the end of the 8 weeks would I get them?

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes taking 8 or longer.

I didn't have to deposit, but not sure about others.

Incentives are at time if delivery.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What he said ^^

Deposit is at selling dealer discretion. If you are spec'ing something off-the-wall that the dealer might have trouble retailing, or if dealer isn't convinced you'll show up to take delivery, then expect a deposit. $100, $500, refundable, not refundable - dealers call.

Wouldn't hold my breath for killer incentives though. In 8 months, maybe.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
However, I do think existing incentives will maintain the next few months for sure.

1k off price

1k off if you finance with ford credit

1k off if you are a currently ford owner

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you want the 3.73 rear axle (heavy duty towing package or FX4 package)? I'm at 4 weeks and don't even have a build date. My dealer is telling me it's because Ford can't get enough of the 3.73 rear axles. If you can live without it, it might be shorter than 8 weeks... All the dealers I talked to around here, were $1000 deposit. The big difference is that some were refundable and others were non-refundable.

MarkinMN

Reaction score
I ordered my Expedition on 12-13-2017 with the tow package.

Dealer received the vehicle yesterday 2-12-2018

Picking up tomorrow!

The dealer told me I would get what ever the better incentives were - that is at time of order or delivery.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered and did not have to pay any deposit.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered mine on Dec. 6, 2017. Put $1k down. It's Feb 14 now and I haven't heard a word. They quoted me as end-of-february delivery, so I'm expecting them to call me at some point in the next two weeks. That would bring the time from order to delivery to about 11 weeks.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered mine on Dec. 6, 2017. Put $1k down. It's Feb 14 now and I haven't heard a word. They quoted me as end-of-february delivery, so I'm expecting them to call me at some point in the next two weeks. That would bring the time from order to delivery to about 11 weeks.
Have you tried checking the status at cotus.ford.com? If you have a VIN (your dealer should know it by now, even if you don't), you can enter the VIN and it'll tell you the status of your build. If you don't have your VIN you can try looking at your order summary. If it looks anything like mine, the top right corner will show the order code. The dealer code should show up under "Ship to:" and/or "Sales Code". And you should know your last name. (You might have to try the last name of whoever at the dealer submitted the order...)

momof4

Reaction score
I ordered Dec 8th and it is scheduled for build Feb 23rd with a March 25th ETA. It's a platinum with Heavy Tow which did have some production delays in January.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes