93 Ford Explorer 4x4 XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madmaxwell87

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am selling my Explorer because I got a new truck. It drives great for its age and was bought to be a slow project for a fun,simple and reliable DD and camping vehicle but I came into my new truck before I could fully finish it. The mechanical is great, it just needs some cosmetic touches to be perfect. 108k miles. $2,400 obo. Located in SF Bay Area,CA

Does 4WD work? Yes, I make sure to engage it at least once a month to move the fluid around and make sure all the parts are still working.

How is the A4LD working? It is working great. There is no slippage even at full throttle. The fluid is still a nice red color.

Ever thrown codes? No, no codes. The light does light up when you start it up so I know it works.

Clear and not salvage title? yes it is a clean title, I have it in my possession.

Stock Options:
3.73 Differential Ratio
Limited Slip Differential in rear differential
4 wheel ABS
Tilt Steering Wheel
Dual Power front seats
Tow Package
Roof Rack
Premium Sound with subwoofer
Power Windows, Mirrors, and Door Locks
Cruise Control
Electronic 4x4

Work Done:
  • New Motorcraft platinum spark plugs and Motorcraft spark plug wires professionally installed
  • Driver side radius arm bushing professionally installed
  • PBR Brake Master Cylinder installed and brake fluid flushed and replaced with new

Aftermarket Parts Installed
  • Bilstein 4600 front shocks
  • Monroe Load Adjusting rear shocks
  • Pioneer DEH-X6700BT head unit (w/ Bluetooth microphone) and Pioneer TS-A6885R door speakers in all 4 doors
  • 31x10.5x15 General Grabber AT2 on 15x7 ATX Slot wheels (<4,000 miles on tires)
  • Magnaflow 4x9x14 oval muffler professionally installed in place of stock muffler
  • GE Nighthawk Platinum headlight bulbs
  • LED reverse, 3rd brake, license plate, and interior lights
  • Kurtz Kustomz air intake filter and adapter with outer pre filter
  • Outside temperature gauge
  • Rubber floor mats front and rear

Spare Parts Included with Vehicle:

• Driver front window switch., Rear Hatch Outer Handle-I planned on replacing the driver front window switch and the rear hatch outer handle just because the white paint denoting their functions had faded. They function properly
  • Passenger side radius arm bushing
  • Haynes manual
  • Stock floor mats
Issues:
  • Headliner and driver side sun visor have little holes and tears
  • Hood paint faded and small section in center flaking, roof and top of rear hatch paint faded. I have used Meguiars Color-X on the non faded sides to bring some life back and touched up a few nicks with professionally matched touch up paint from automotivetouchup.com. I have hand washed and waxed the truck ever 4-5 months since I purchased it to help preserve what is left. I also always use a window sun shade to help protect the dash and interior and it is included with the vehicle.
  • Small dent in driver rear door
  • The HVAC blower motor works intermittently. Some days it will work as soon as started for the whole trip, some days it will go out half way through, some days it wont work when started but will come on eventually. The blower motor is brand new but I suspect it is the blower motor resistor. A brand new in box resistor is included with the truck.
20161123_132100_zpsl3un6ibx.jpg
20161123_132041_zpso4jabk4q.jpg
20161123_132026_zpsthe2oxat.jpg
20161123_132010_zps4jcv59zk.jpg
20161123_131945_zpszyrtlrav.jpg