97 EB gremlin update..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob White

Reaction score
Ok so I've figured out it's the gem...pulled it today...and.. well...lets just say by the amount of paper towel AND bubble wrap stuffed behind the gem and fuse box up into the dash...I'm guessing someone's dealt with it before...LOL. Pulled it all out and probably at least a double shot glass of water runs down my arm off the bubble wrap...SMH.. so now, do i risk a used off of ebay or does anyone know of a reputable reman/rebuild place to buy one?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Read my posts and you'll see I've dealt with same issues. What you want to do is buy a tube of 3 m window sealant and caulk gun if you don't already have. Seal fully around bottom and drivers side of window top also wouldn't be bad idea.. You might be able to let Gem dry out. I also pulled the three plugs that go to Gem shoved some dielectric grease in there lastly I wrapped 2 plastic bags around Gem. I was sitting in rain the other day listening to radio, no issues/leaks!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rob White

Rob White

Reaction score
Read my posts and you'll see I've dealt with same issues. What you want to do is buy a tube of 3 m window sealant and caulk gun if you don't already have. Seal fully around bottom and drivers side of window top also wouldn't be bad idea.. You might be able to let Gem dry out. I also pulled the three plugs that go to Gem shoved some dielectric grease in there lastly I wrapped 2 plastic bags around Gem. I was sitting in rain the other day listening to radio, no issues/leaks!

Well as far as the windshield, I've got a buddy that has a glass shop, so for $125 brand new windshield and sealed all the way around. Then Gem idk about, was going to just get a reman/rebuilt one for it.. might try something i saw on a forum...guy dipped his in a container of rubbing alcohol, swished it around to break up corrosion then let it air dry for a few hours, said it works perfectly now.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like your Gem got a lot wetter than mine. Wonder if you can do like the cell phones and emerse in white rice to dry out!