98 Eddie Bauer with no sound...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pburl124

Reaction score
Just replaced my factory premium head unit with another factory unit because I wasn't getting any sound from my speakers. The replacement unit works fine, but I'm not getting any sound at all. No crackles, static...nothing. Any ideas?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so you have the eb. it should have the mach audio right? if it dose then check the amp for the speakers. if i remember theres an amp.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
also, if you disconnected the rear audio controls or messed with the wiring under your center console will mess with the audio...

trdragons44

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup the mach's have an amp. I would check fuses. Im my 97 they are number 3 and 5 in the small fuse compartment under the hood and 8 under the steering wheel

Reaction score
its probably the factory amp.i had the same problem.radio was on channels
locked in but not a sound
i removed the factory amp
rewired and installed an alpine headunit

jaytron

Reaction score
sorry for necro-ing this thread but since there was no definite answer but I had same problem(radio ON and working but no sound) Turns out it is a fuse in the engine compartment see picture Capture.JPG

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good information

This is a 6 year old thread and I doubt any of the members on this thread are still active.

Keep in mind that the mini fuse block was only used in the 97 and 98 model years

Brandon Brown

Reaction score
I recently had this same problem, turned out all of my speakers were busted, replaced my speakers with factory speakers from a junk yard and got them working. Took it to an audio store and was told the radio needed to be replaced that it could've been the amp that went bad.