99 Expy 4x4 Upgrades Completed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clemson82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious, what can / will you use the 2nd battery for? Is it connected to an inverter? Is there any impact on the charging system, or can you just keep everything else stock? That's a great idea, looks good.

OP
OP
Coey326

Coey326

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is used to run the winch and all the off road accessories. I have an isolator hooked to my setup. It decides which battery is getting charged so that you don't put any strain on your system. it charges the main(redtop) battery first. When it fully charged it switches to charge the accessory(yellow top) battery. That way you will always have starting power

poorboy1964

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking great I like the second battery with solenoid I did that in an old truck with camper It work very well

Tocapet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you do the HF/VHF/UHF ham radio setup, be advised that you will need licenses to operate it in each country you visit. Not expensive, but must pass exams to get them. Also, the multiband, multimode radios are not cheap. By the time you get the radio with all the antennas installed, you will have easily spent over $10K. Then there's the matter of crossing the borders with it.

Tom Pettit, KC5PA

Flying_Finn

Reaction score
That is a gorgeous looking 99. Nice work. It gives me increased hope and ideas for my '98 and what I want to do to it. Not only to increase its lifespan but also to make it even more capable.

knewblewkorvett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
img_0089-jpg.19183

Sweet!

OP
OP
Coey326

Coey326

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was referred to RCI for skid plates. So I will do a little research and start there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes