99 Mach stereo subwoofer is 4 ohm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tekrsq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't believe that after all these years nobody has posted (that I could find) exactly what the rating for the stock 1st gen Mach stereo subwoofer amplifier is rated for. For many years I just didn't care that the stock subwoofer was blown, but I finally decided to replace it and see what happened. I confirmed the stock amp was still working, and ordered a Pioneer TS-A2000LD2 subwoofer (I have a Pioneer head unit). Since I could not find any definitive documentation on exactly how it needed to be wired, I started with 2ohm, 1 ohm, and finally as 4ohm. Wiring the subwoofer as a 1 or 2 ohm unit did not work at all. The subwoofer was cutting out/in, and the amp was getting very hot. So, I decided to try one last time as a 4ohm unit. Well that was the ticket !!!!!! It sounds AWESOME. It definitely won't blow out the windows (but I didn't want it to), but for basically a stock system, it has MORE than enough bass for me. I had forgotten what it was like to have a little bit of "thump in the trunk", lol.

So, since I couldn't find the info anywhere else, hopefully this will help some other people. I know most people have upgraded to aftermarket setups, and I guess eventually the stock amp will blow and I won't have a choice, but for now I'm MORE than happy with the sound.

Attachments

• 20230730_092134.jpg
    20230730_092134.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 16

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I saw that, but wasn't looking to go that deep
LOL, I wasn't either but after I put that bazooka tube on it (just like you have it now) I was loving it until that amp went out. Then I was hooked and had to go that deep.Hope you don't have to.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett