A4WD light blinking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fixius03

Reaction score
my 4H and 4L work perfectly fine on my 98 EB but my A4WD blinks on the dash and noone can tell me why except for the dealer who wants way to much money. anyone know where i should start looking? thanks

Ronbo

Reaction score
Does this occur all the time or only after a rain storm? The reason I ask is because my 4X4 light blinks on too but only after a heavy rain. I believe that water is getting in through the windshield and wetting the fuse box or GEM. I lose my radio/cd and sometimes my wipers too. When the rain stops, and the car drys out a bit, the problems stop too.

OP
OP
F

fixius03

Reaction score
no it does it everytime. and its only the automatic 4wd the other ones work fine im stumped...must be a sensor or something computer related.

stang99x

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know this is old, but if it wasn't solved, the answer is that there in an issue in the 4x4 system. Whenever that light blinks, it should be serviced immediately. A possible worst case scenario in engaugement of the 4 low system at a speed that would be detrimental to your car, and maybe your health! Take it to someone and get it checked out. It could be a simple issue, but it can get worse with time!