AC burning smell from vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omgrtfa

Reaction score
hi guys, sorry for my first post to be a problem, but thats how we all find our selves here right?!

I have a horrible burning smell from the AC, like a clutch or brake overheating. it comes from the inside vents and only on the ac setting, it comes and goes but when its there is smells like something terrible. ive done my part in searching but cant find any other posts quite like this. any help out there?

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
does the a/c get cold??? could be the clutch if something got on it... is only on max a/c by chance

OP
OP
O

Omgrtfa

Reaction score
ac works fine. just stinks...i think i tried eliminating reg ac from max ac.. i think its mainly on max is the problem..

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that helps because when on max it recirculates the air instead of using the fresh outside air with that i would lean to the blower motor is on its way out.... keep us posted

OP
OP
O

Omgrtfa

Reaction score
drove around all day today.. no smell.. weird.. its random as hell.. but man when its there.. like a simi roasting his brakes in your cab.