AC not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

milo

Reaction score
So I think it started out with a loud crackling noise from the rear. It sounded just like a speaker had a loose connection, and that what I thought. A couple of weeks later AC is only blowing hot air and there is a hissing noise coming from the back compartment where the ac lines are.I don't have gauges and did put in a can of AC coolant but it didn't help, thank you

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The ac system has a leak. Since you hear it in the back that at least narrows it down to the location. Remove the trim cover and see if there is any green oily liquid anywhere. Hopefully it is just an o-ring, worse case is parts (txv and evap). If you are not sure at what you are looking at just post a pic and the guys here will jump on it.

OP
OP
M

milo

Reaction score
Thanx, will try to remove cover and see if I can find some gauges

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Put the gauges on first and check the static pressure before removing trim pieces. If the car is in the shade the pressure should be close to the ambient temp prior to running the system.