AC Problem, Could sure use some good advise.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Preston

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Ford Expy, which had been blowing cold air in front and in back with no issues, Until recently when I was stopped at a traffic light, and heard a screeching noise and BAMM blew hot air in both front and rear. I had recently gone on a trip and took it in to have it serviced, hoses changed, oil leak fixed, and two spotlights hooked up which were already there. When picking up the vehicle I noticed a clicking noise coming from behind the dash. I went and got the mechanic who did the work, when he heard the noise, he told me it was nothing to be concerned with. Then shortly after that .....NO AIR. I have spoken to two mechanics both of which never looked at any other possibility other than its the compressor. I've been told by the service guy at Ford that it was a part behind the dash that cost 70.00. Before I tear the dash out does anyone have any information because from what I've been reading it could be anything. I have ordered 500.00 worth of parts to fix the ac compressor, condenser and so on. HELP!

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the site but why order parts prior to diagnosing a failure?

First off don't trust a mechanic that says not to worry about something that isn't normal unless they explain what the cause is & the results when it fails.

Before you tear into this what parts did you order?

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Verify first if the ac compressor is switching on. Have someone switch on the ac with the engine running while you carefully observe the compressor. See if it cycles (switches on). If it does, then its not the problem.

AC Molina

Reaction score
What if a 2008 ford expedition ac switches on in the rear, but no air from the front ones. any reason for that? also there are times when i am driving and then is cycles on, once on it will not stop unless i turn engine off, then may or may not start again.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it's cold in the back but not the front, it's probably the blend motor/actuator in the front under the dash. It getting stuck blowing cold and not ever changing until you stop and restart also fits.

These motors are a relatively common failure, AC compressor is not, which is why your Ford service guy jumped straight to that. He's probably right.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The OP in this thread hasn't responded since JULY 14, 2016

THATS OVER A YEAR AND A HALF AGO

He made ONE POST and disappeared

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What if a 2008 ford expedition ac switches on in the rear, but no air from the front ones. any reason for that? also there are times when i am driving and then is cycles on, once on it will not stop unless i turn engine off, then may or may not start again.

If this is a new problem for you I would suggest that you start a new thread DEALING WITH YOUR PROBLEM rather than posting in a old and dead thread that was posted by someone else asking about his problem