AC whooows!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mike nadeau

Reaction score
Yes the airflow thru the vents is very strong. The evaporaters (front and rear) do not seem to be clogged in any manner. Not to be rude but I do not like to just add. In my mind my system takes 62oz of freon. So with 62oz the system should operate optimally. I do not have an evacuation system and hate the fact that if I have a leak and find low readings I ultimately have to, best case scenario, find the leak have the system evacuated fix the part and then vac and recharge. Plus I don't get any credit for what was evacuated, in most cases. So by not knowing how much the system lost without an evacuation and just adfing 2oz's I do not want to tax the "worn compressor" anymore than necessary. I am not an ac person by any means by try to learn and do what I can.
I feel the dedign of the 06 expedition radiator and condensor is flawed. I have a single core radiator thus have a gap between the radiator and the condensor. I feel this gap causes a nuetral air flow condition.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
AC service takes someone with knowledge and the proper tools especially when an unusual pops up.

I would take it to a shop that specializes in AC service and have them fix it once and for all

other than that its all guess work

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One of the symptoms of a failing a/c compressor is higher than normal cabin temperatures. If you have a full charge of r134 freon, and all the other components are functioning as they should, ie blending doors, air flow, etc. You've kind of narrowed it down to the compressor. They are a wearable item, and what the hell you've gone this far, spring another $400.00 or so and replace it. Your other option is take it to a reputable shop, and pay them. But they may take your money and still have the same issue. Like I've always told friends in the past, I'd rather take a shot at fixing something myself and be wrong, than paying some yahoo to do it. Like the others said, double check your pressures, you can buy or borrow a set of r134 guages, make sure your pressures are close to spec, if all checks out, take a stab at a new or reman compressor and new belt if it's worn. Keep us posted. Moose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One of the symptoms of a failing a/c compressor is higher than normal cabin temperatures. If you have a full charge of r134 freon, and all the other components are functioning as they should, ie blending doors, air flow, etc. You've kind of narrowed it down to the compressor. They are a wearable item, and what the hell you've gone this far, spring another $400.00 or so and replace it. Your other option is take it to a reputable shop, and pay them. But they may take your money and still have the same issue. Like I've always told friends in the past, I'd rather take a shot at fixing something myself and be wrong, than paying some yahoo to do it. Like the others said, double check your pressures, you can buy or borrow a set of r134 guages, make sure your pressures are close to spec, if all checks out, take a stab at a new or reman compressor and new belt if it's worn. Keep us posted. Moose.

he will also need a vacuum pump to do this job properly

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That or pay a shop to vacuum it out, then reuse the freon removed.