AC with no fan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Markg2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there a way to have the AC on yet not have the fan on?

We could do this on either our old Silverado or Suburban but I'm not seeing how on the 2018 Exp?

Mark

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what does that mean? why would you want the A/C on without circulating the air? if the air is not being pushed across the coils (fan) there is no point to it. you are just running your A/C compressor for naught. I have never seen any A/C system that lets you "run" A/C without a fan.

OP
OP
M

Markg2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is a reason but I'm not asking you to understand 'why' just if and then how. As I said, we could do so on both previous vehicles.

OP
OP
M

Markg2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How? I've read the manual and there's nothing that says how associated with 'Fan'?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Modify the wiring on the blower circuit. If you have EATC the system should disengage the compressor when it reads the evap is frozen solid.

What is the point of doing this?

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is a reason but I'm not asking you to understand 'why' just if and then how. As I said, we could do so on both previous vehicles.
alrighty then! so then would anyone explain why you would do this?

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was in a Chevy rental, think a Traverse. Backing up while turning, my palm hit the steering wheel mounted cruise control on/off switch. I look down at the dash and see the "cruise on" illuminated. While in reverse. Ingenious! Tried this on my Fords, doesn't work.

This same Traverse would even turn on the reverse lights when you parked it and shut it off. Had a guy honk at me in a parking garage. He was so impressed he stopped suddenly, screeching his tires and just stared. I can't read lips, but it looked like he was saying "So Cool, freaky nice school" or something.

Evidently there is a lot of cool shit you can get in a Chevy that you just can't in a Ford, like radiant air conditioning.

OP
OP
M

Markg2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sometimes, after the AC has been on for a while and the car has cooled down and the fan is on low, she just doesn't want the feel of cold air blowing on her even if it's low. In the Suburban (or the Silverado) you could on the AC but not turn the fan motor on. The result would be subtle cool air leakage resulting in the car not heating up and no breeze/forced air.