AC with no fan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sometimes, after the AC has been on for a while and the car has cooled down and the fan is on low, she just doesn't want the feel of cold air blowing on her even if it's low. In the Suburban (or the Silverado) you could on the AC but not turn the fan motor on. The result would be subtle cool air leakage resulting in the car not heating up and no breeze/forced air.

My wife’s the same way...but she has to just point the vents straight up in her Pathfinder as there’s no “no fan” option. But oh man would she love that option. I, conversely, MUST have air on my face while driving...like a dog with his head out the window.

OP
OP
M

Markg2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Spot on--I have to have the air on me too.

I have another thread regarding the projector low beam lights. You don't find that 'line' between being able to see the road and not annoying, disturbing and potentially dangerous?

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Spot on--I have to have the air on me too.

I have another thread regarding the projector low beam lights. You don't find that 'line' between being able to see the road and not annoying, disturbing and potentially dangerous?

I haven’t noticed what you’re describing...and I looked last night. I have the LED lights on my platinum and I think you said you had an XLT...so maybe there’s a difference there? Not sure.

I’m not doubting what you’re saying exists, I’m just not seeing it on mine.

OP
OP
M

Markg2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I doubted what my wife was complaining about until she called me out of the house when she came home several nights ago. She had opened one of the garage doors and the car was several feet away with the lights on. When I looked inside the garage at the rear wall I was flabbergasted! About half way up the wall was bright, then a sharp horizontal line and dark above. I doubted no more. I'm really not sure what to do.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You know what I'm noticing in the 3rd and 4th gen posts, you guys are a bunch of winers. My god, air conditioning that doesn't blow at my face! Roll down the windows, or deal with air blowing at you! You guys and girls are making way too much money and should be driving Bmw's or Mercedes. Fords are supposed to be slightly rough, and not 100 percent perfect. When I grew up in the 60's and 70's we never even had cars with A/C. Hell we were lucky if we had a working heater, or wipers. And to have beautiful working bright headlights, try driving down a road with dim 6 volt lights like my 56 Volkswagen had, and 1 was way out of alignment. Enjoy your new vehicles, and quit trying to fix what's not broke! Their will be plenty things that do break, you'll need our help with!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk