Accessories for 2017 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CyberVinnie

Reaction score
I've been looking around for accessories for my spankin' new '17 Expy but seem to only see stuff for models as late as '15. I am uncertain how much has changed in the last few model years. Specifically I'm thinking about getting tail lights and a mesh valance insert to go between the openings in the grill. Will MY '15 accessories fit my '17?

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some of them will Vinnie but I would take my '17 to local truck acces shop to let them confirm before ponying up the bucks! You might also check with the Parts mgr at the local dealer who should be able to tell you if the '15's have different part #'s from your '17.

Most of us with the '17 have installed LED's headlights and interior lights and maybe a couple of badges here and there but I've not heard of much more than that.

jeff

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agree with Jeff. I installed the HIDs in my headlights. Fantastic difference over the yellow, dimmer OEMs. The interior LED swap is simple and makes a world of difference. I know Ford has to honor its supplier contracts, but this would be such a simple upgrade from the manufacturer. I also installed LED projectors in my back-up li

Enjoy your new '17. What level did you purchase? XLT, Limited or Plat?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have researched the LED Tail lights that fit the 2007 - 2014 trucks but they do in fact fit the 2015 - 2017 model years and they are plug and play, although the manufacturers haven't officially said they will work. From what I've found out if you don't convert your front turn signal bulbs to LED you will not have the hyper flash issue, but you can always add resistors or disable the hyper flash - bulb out issue.

Headlights that fit the earlier models do not fit the 15, 16, 17 models because of the shape change.

WeatherTech floor liners are available.

CoverCraft Windshield sun shades.

I've seen those plastic deflector things you put on the side windows are available.

I've also seen hood deflectors.

Some mud flaps will fit depending on they type of running boards that you have.

Ford has some accessories on the Ford Owner site.

OP
OP
CyberVinnie

CyberVinnie

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm mostly interested in LED tails but now am also going to look into converting the interior lights based on Jeff's reply. My '17 Limited is black and has the appearance package, so I really want darker tails.

I also want to do something with the chrome door handles and the chrome strip on the tailgate since that's pretty much the only chrome they don't remove with the appearance package. I'm thinking about also doing something with the silver lower valance and fogs on the front bumper but am not sure what my options are there.

NevadaGeo, so are the HIDs you installed a straight swap with the Halogen projectors? Any heat issues?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm mostly interested in LED tails but now am also going to look into converting the interior lights based on Jeff's reply. My '17 Limited is black and has the appearance package, so I really want darker tails.

I also want to do something with the chrome door handles and the chrome strip on the tailgate since that's pretty much the only chrome they don't remove with the appearance package. I'm thinking about also doing something with the silver lower valance and fogs on the front bumper but am not sure what my options are there.

NevadaGeo, so are the HIDs you installed a straight swap with the Halogen projectors? Any heat issues?
The LED tail lights are available in a smoked color. I did the HID swap as well in my 17 they were plug and play but you did have to open a hole in the headlight housing to accommodate the HID plugs. I originally sealed mine with electrical tape but found that when I used the underbody wash at my local carwash that water was getting into one of the housings so I switched it a very sticky HVAC Duct tape, but it wasn't traditional duct tape this was made of a stretchy rubber compound. I think I was a Hardcast product. That solved my water issue.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What Andy said. I followed his lead when I installed mine. Just remember these are polar sensitive and you have to test them before buttoning it all up!!

Otherwise a very simple swap with huge rewards!!

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is how I mounted mine.

IMG_5284.JPG

Two bolts on the top and two clips on the bottom hold them in.

Grab both sides to wiggle the clips loose then pull forward and pull the grille side out first.

IMG_5252.JPG

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Hey y'all (Getting ready for our move to Virginia.) --

Not sure I want HID headlights but some brighter LEDs would be nice. Any recommendations? I've noted that, unlike my former '07, there are separate bulbs for low and high beams.

I'm disappointed Ford continues to ignore DRLs in this truck. Will the F150 module work? Alternate? Somehow I don't trust the $18 Ebay kits. :) Some has gotta fitted DRLs here. All my other cars have them including my '06 S2000.

-- Chuck

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Hey y'all (Getting ready for our move to Virginia.) --

Not sure I want HID headlights but some brighter LEDs would be nice. Any recommendations? I've noted that, unlike my former '07, there are separate bulbs for low and high beams.

I'm disappointed Ford continues to ignore DRLs in this truck. Will the F150 module work? Alternate? Somehow I don't trust the $18 Ebay kits. :) Some has gotta fitted DRLs here. All my other cars have them including my '06 S2000.

-- Chuck