Accident = Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've heard the "my wife did it" story a few times before.

I've had my truck for 3 years and have let my wife drive it maybe 5-6 times. Her car looks like she pulled it out of the wrecker at the junkyard. Seriously. :D

_Kendra

Reaction score
Nice upgrades for sure!

Can I ask where you got the bull bar as well? I like the width of it, most you find are pretty narrow across the bumper.

OP
OP
C

CP11EXP

Reaction score
Nice upgrades for sure!

Can I ask where you got the bull bar as well? I like the width of it, most you find are pretty narrow across the bumper.

The bull bar is not a direct fit, but the narrow ones would not cover up the damage I had on the bumper cover, so I made it work.
It is actually a Westin Contour bull bar for a 2500 Silverado which I got from Westin outlet (Ebay) for $110.

bullbar.JPG

I was lucky that one hole for the brackets fit the hole where the Expedition air deflector bolts to the frame and lined up almost perfect. I did have to cut slots in the bumper cover to allow the brackets to come through.
I then welded the bracket to the frame since I didn't have a second hole.
I also had to modify the other brackets that are supposed to bolt in around the grill and just welded them to the crash bar on the Expedition and went straight through the bumper cover. My bumper cover was toast anyways so I didn't mind hacking it up a bit.
Like I said, its not a direct fit, but it was close enough that no major fabrication was needed.