Adding AUX or USB port to 2002 Expedition EB factory stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lachytoon

Reaction score
Just go aftermarket ,they look better ,sound better and they are more practical. You can get something nice for those 165 bucks you paid or if you want to keep the stock radio you can get a good FM transmitter for half of that price.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

65comet

Reaction score
I'm going to do this on mine. Been searching for months for an actual radio schematic with no luck. I'm going to swap out the 12v power outlet at the front of the center console for a combination USB/Auxiliary for power and connection to phone/tablet/digital Walkman so that I'm not having a wire hang down over controls. Like you I also plan on putting in some type of switch so inserting a cassette isn't necessary. I plan on tracking a step-by-step so anyone else can do it in the future. If anyone knows of a true schematic anywhere, please let us know.

Ristin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Been working on this a little. Found at least two switches involved with tape operation but haven't figured out exactly how they work.
I need to rig up a power supply so I can test without having to plug the unit into my truck.