Adding Keypad to 1998 Eddie Bauer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KesLorthian

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm looking to add a Keypad on my EB Exp hopefully here soon. My question is has anyone done this or is it not possible? Not looking to add the bulky wireless one, but the stock one. Thanks all.

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you talking about the actualy numbered keypad on the drivers door or just a stock key fob?

Either way yes I believe it is possible. To add the numbered pad I'm not sure what is necessary other than the car having the remote key fob functionality. Go to Official Ford Parts Site | Buy Motorcraft & OEM Ford Parts Online | FordParts.com and you can search for what you need.

If you just want to add key fob's to your car that is a lot easier. I would suggest going to ebay and getting some and then it is a matter of just programming them. To do that turn your key from the off to the on position (without actually starting the car) I believe 7 times in a row relatively quickly (maybe 10 seconds). What will happen is the expy will cycle all of the locks and then you just press a key on each key fob that you want to work with it. I say every key fob because even one you have now that works will need to be re-done but this will allow you to add the new ones as well without paying a stupid amount to the dealership/locksmith.

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess re-reading what you wrote you did not mean the key fob. Those are stock as well from Ford but I think you did mean the numbers on the driver door. I have seen those advertised before from my local delearship so check the website or contact your local delearship, but should be possible.

OP
OP
K

KesLorthian

Reaction score
No, I don't want to add the little stick on wireles keypad fob. I was to take my whole door apart, take out the door handle and install the door handle with the key pad on. What I need to know is is it possible, and if so what all do I need to do it?

flyin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There were add on keypads that were available from ford. They were attached to the door with double sided tape and had the five buttons just like the factory keypads. They programmed just like a key fob since they were wireless. This was quite a few years ago though.