Adding off-road lights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Okgearhead

Reaction score
Hey guys, has anybody added off road lights, or LED light bars to a 2017 ? What I’m looking for is where did you run the wires into the inside for the switches ?

Michael McC

Reaction score
There is a hole in the firewall about where the passenger's left big toe would be if it is resting against the firewall (while sitting in the passenger's seat). Peel back the carpet to find it. Punch through the bushing covering the hole with something sharp from the inside. I think I sharpened a coat hanger. Fish it up high enough (or low enough if you want to go under the vehicle) to tape your wire to the coat hanger. Pull back through.

From there I threaded the wire behind the console and put the switch on the side of the console by where my right leg is while driving.

msturtz

Reaction score
Hi, I'm interested in what light bar(s) you installed, how/where, and what it looks like. I'm interested in adding front (probably grill mounted) and maybe rear (not sure where to mount?). Wiring I can deal with, but I want the finished install to look nice.

-Matt-

OP
OP
Okgearhead

Okgearhead

Reaction score
The light bar is a Blazer part #CWL524S , I got it a local Northern Tool for 68 dollars . It’s a single roll with spot in the center and flood on the ends.