Advancetrac light now not starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Shinham

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Expedition that I'm having trouble with. I had some issues in the past,, The Throttle body / Throttle position sensor. So I took it to a friend of mine with a much better scanner than mine. He could see much more codes than I could. He mentioned that the 4x4 was throwing an error code. I didn't do anything about that because I rarely use the 4x4 (Automatic jack when changing the oil)

The other day the advancetrac light was going on and off, and I heard what sounded like the Transfer case kick in then out, the car lost power then came back to normal. ( rolling at about 35) I drove it home with the advancetrac off, When I got here I tried to restart the car. No electric at all.. In the direction of the fuse box I can hear a little clicking, but the only thing on the dash board that lights up is the airbag light,, and barley lights up at that. If I try it several times like taking the key out and starting over, sometimes it will start just fine.

I have been looking all over the car and the web for the Transfer case module, but can't seam to find it. I'm not sure if that is the problem or not.

I have also had some other electrical things go out like the interior lights only work when the door opens not on demand. The garage door opener stopped working about 2 years ago, and the passenger exterior courtesy light

I bought the car new and have driven it for 170K miles. I would like to make it to 200K if posible.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Shinham

Reaction score
Just following up on my own post in case it helps someone else out. I replaced the main computer, Turns out in the 2006 the 4 wheel drive module is incorporated into the main computer.

This didn't help the problem. The dash lights still wouldn't come on and the car would just emit clicking sounds all over the place.

I finally got some response from the car by trying to jump start it, Enough response to get the windows up and push it out of my garage.

So I went old school and cleaned the battery contacts and the cables. The car started right up and is now running fine.

I guess it pays to check the basics first.

P.S. The dealer wouldn't budge off his 41 grand price yesterday. and offered me $500.00 for my 2006. Glad I didn't budge either and saved myself a ton of cash. Looking forward to driving it over 200,000 miles.