Advice on new Headlights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
You mean 3000k fogs... Those things are yellow nowhere near the light blue tone 6000k is suppose to be

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Folks,
Looking to carry out a couple of minor mods to the Expy. As I bought with black / dark grey wheels, I'd like to install smoked out / black headlights and also a matching grille. Have had a quick look on eBay - anyone fitted these things before?

Looks like a simple plug and play installation, and is the projector type, rather than fully blown LED type ( I'm not a technical expert , as you can probably conclude ).

Am I right in thinking if I went for full LED conversion, there more needed for the installation ( re-writing, crimping/ splicing/ ballasts etc)

I don't think the stock headlights that good TBH, so looking to upgrade and also looking for a style / colour.

Cheers.

Did you end up getting them? Really wanna see some nice photos cause I was looking at the same ones. I'm more wanting them for the optical light to give it a little more modern look.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LEDs are available in every automotive bulb size, direct plug and play

Projectors are a MUST either way

But...with technology in its current state, cheap HID kits retrofitted into aftermarket projector headlights (such as that one /Spyder Ubars or the other style, Anzo) are still FAR superior to LED lights in every way. Cheaper, too.

Folks,
Looking to carry out a couple of minor mods to the Expy. As I bought with black / dark grey wheels, I'd like to install smoked out / black headlights and also a matching grille. Have had a quick look on eBay - anyone fitted these things before?

Looks like a simple plug and play installation, and is the projector type, rather than fully blown LED type ( I'm not a technical expert , as you can probably conclude ).

Am I right in thinking if I went for full LED conversion, there more needed for the installation ( re-writing, crimping/ splicing/ ballasts etc)

I don't think the stock headlights that good TBH, so looking to upgrade and also looking for a style / colour.

Cheers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2014-Ford-Expedition-ARCTIC-OPTIC-Smoke-Projector-Headlight-LED-Neon-Tube-/181763245919?fits=Year:2012|Make:Ford|Model:Expedition&hash=item2a51ef075f:g:MsMAAOSwOVpXUIDB&vxp=mtr

Last edited: