Aftermarket single overhead led for accent lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Being that I am getting older and my eyes aren't what they used to be, when driving at night I cant see crap inside the truck, my friends Nissan rogue has very small orange lights in the overhead console that illuminate when the headlights are on and cast a decent glow down over the center console. I would like to get something like this, drill a small single hole in my overhead console and wire it so it turns on with the headlights to avoid having to turn on the bright interior lights just to see something quickly
I looked online but only see full under dash or under seat kits and full strips which is not what I am looking for, I would like to fid one small single led that has a bezel that I can drill and mount into the overhead console- not too bright

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man I know the feeling. I'm 61 yrs worn out now and can't see crap anymore. Every year gets worse. Let me know what you find. I keep a bright Snap on light in my SUV . It's rechargeable and bails me out on a regular basis. Ah to have 18 yr old eyes again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jay87LX

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man I know the feeling. I'm 61 yrs worn out now and can't see crap anymore. Every year gets worse. Let me know what you find. I keep a bright Snap on light in my SUV . It's rechargeable and bails me out on a regular basis. Ah to have 18 yr old eyes again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes, I agree and I sometimes turn on the interior lights and usually carry a flashlight, but I don't want to reach for either to find the radio volume lololol

OP
OP
Jay87LX

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Will those work by tapping into a 12v source or is a resistor needed?

Tank_Snake

Reaction score
Yes absolutely use red, I would also recommend maybe putting a adjustable voltage regulator next to it (very simple) I say this because most modern LED Drivers are really bright and you seem to just be looking for a usable but not distracting light

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk