Air bag light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kingfamilyexpy

Reaction score
Every time we start the car the air bag light comes on and won't go off. Any help would greatly be appreciated on what i can do

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When the light comes on is it flashing if so it is flashing a Lamp Fault Code

Post the code

Lamp Fault Codes

When the restraints control module (RCM) detects a system fault, it will cause the air bag indicator to flash a coded sequence: a lamp fault code (LFC). The code is two digits. The first digit is flashed with a 0.5 second interval between pulses. There is a 2 second pause before the second digit is flashed, which also has a 0.5 second interval between pulses. There is a 5 second pause between each display of an LFC.

Each LFC is flashed five times after which the air bag indictor will remain lit for the remainder of the key-on cycle. If there are multiple LFCs, each LFC will flash in order of priority.

OP
OP
K

Kingfamilyexpy

Reaction score
Yeah it does flash a couple of times. So does that mean that the air bag is defective

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Read what I posted
"Post the code"

I need to know the amount of flashes so I can look it up and tell you what the code means

Lamp Fault Codes When the restraints control module (RCM) detects a system fault, it will cause the air bag indicator to flash a coded sequence: a lamp fault code (LFC). The code is two digits. The first digit is flashed with a 0.5 second interval between pulses. There is a 2 second pause before the second digit is flashed, which also has a 0.5 second interval between pulses. There is a 5 second pause between each display of an LFC.

Each LFC is flashed five times after which the air bag indictor will remain lit for the remainder of the key-on cycle. If there are multiple LFCs, each LFC will flash in order of priority.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kingfamilyexpy

Reaction score
It flashes 4 times ladt time it waits 5 seconds then the light stays on

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last edited: