Air bag sensor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AftonJay

Reaction score
So I was getting the code 42 and pulled the impact sensor, the one male terminal actually was still in the female terminal when I unplugged the connector. Both females are in rough shape and I am going to replace them but like a dummy I pulled them out of the connector and in my sleep deprived state I forgot to mark which went where. Can anyone tell me which wire goes on which side of the female connector in relation to the lock mechanism on the connector?

OP
OP
A

AftonJay

Reaction score
Sorry, I put it in when I signed up so I thought it would be over there on the side.

Anyways it is a 2005 Eddie Bauer

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you hold the connector so you are looking into it with the tab facing up The PK/OG wire is on the left and the VT/LG wire is on the right. I also believe that connector is the sane as the door ajar connector and you can get a replacement from rockauto.

I just had to replace the sensor on my 04 was about $75.00 on e-bay

They are prone to have the connectors corrode and then the pins break off

OP
OP
A

AftonJay

Reaction score
Perfect thanks. Yeah I just ordered the sensor, as for the connector I actually work at the factory that makes the female terminals (a little embarrassed that I made such a dumb mistake by not marking the wires) so I have no problem replacing the terminals. I will just crimp a couple of new terminals on the wire and reuse the plastic connector, or I may have one at work.

OP
OP
A

AftonJay

Reaction score
Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I do all my own work but this issue and the FPDM last week are the first things I have had to do to this thing.