Air hose purpose 2003 EB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Norexpy

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Just replaced the thermostat on my 03EB. Looked for signs of leaks after words, and heared a whistling sound by the battery. A small air hose is open and it sucks air. Seems to be broken off from a rubber attatchment, but can’t figure it’s purpose. It goes to a two way splitter, and continues to a sensor of some sort - and to the air intake and ac as far as I can tell. Tried to cover the hole with a finger and it seems the engine settles down on idle, and the exhaust seems to have a different look with less smoke. Runs cleaner. May be my imagination. Does anyone know if it is supposed to be open like it is - or if is meant to be connected somewhere? Added a few pictures. One has the Ford part code I think.
Thanks in advance from Norway.

9B2AB0DE-89AE-4A97-90BB-CEB510ECAFA6.jpeg82CC89FA-FA99-4834-937E-E48CAD2A35CE.jpeg

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That should be connected to the vacuum reservoir. It's a small plastic molded box behind the battery. Pull the battery out and you'll see it or use a mirror and you might be able to remove the other half of the connector hose and replace it. I had the same issue recently I used a small piece or spare tubing I had laying around to repair it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett