Air Suspension Jacked All The Way Up All The Time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Depending on how much salty water it has seen during winter, you may have issues with ground connections, corroded wiring in the exterior portions of the harness and corrosion in the connectors.

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you. There was a leak at one time which we fixed. Now no leak as once it pumps up it stays pumped up, right? What are the symptoms if that union coupler goes as by your description it doesn't sound like it fits my situation?

when my air union coupler failed, the rear bottomed out. I can't say whether it could/ or could not be impacting your situation. you have a leak somewhere. have you tried soapy water on all your connections?

OP
OP
B

Ben Steele

Reaction score
So you're thinking a leak yet the vehicle stays pumped up for weeks? I'm not getting it, sorry. It's sensing a leak only while the pump is on? Please keep trying to help me understand.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The system works similar to the float in your toilet tank. When it gets to the preset level it should stop filling. Yours is not getting or responding to the signal to stop the compressor.
I'll look at the diagrams later today and post where to start.

MikeA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Air ride height sensors tell the system to add air to bags or not, since you said you have no leaks, might want to recheck your height sensors, make sure they are connected at both ends, meaning physically grab them to make sure both ends are connected.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had planned on posting procedures right up to the point of my dvd reader crapping the big one. At this time I am unable to read the service dvd's on the home computer. I'll swap the drive soon and hope it will read.

OP
OP
B

Ben Steele

Reaction score
negative. aside from waiting on stamp the only thing im thinking is try and check the sensor connections per your post...