Air Suspension Problem After Battery Replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had to replace the battery in my 07 this week. Now the rear air bags are deflated and the compressor is not running. I have checked he fuses and they are all good. I have seen something about resetting the system after the battery is replaced. Anyone have any ideas where the reset is? It worked fine before the battery was replaced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B

bedrck46

check this

The air suspension system can be enabled or disabled through the
message center. Refer to Message center in the Driver Controls chapter

Is it possible that when you changed the battery that the message center got changed

OP
OP
DF5.4

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I already made sure it is turned on through the message center.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

B

bedrck46

The air compressor is inoperative

Fuse(s)
Air compressor assembly
Circuitry
Air suspension relay

Normal Operation
The air suspension module will command the air compressor ON or OFF when certain conditions are met. The air suspension module supplies voltage to the air suspension compressor relay through circuit CCL01 (WH/VT), which engages the relay and supplies fused battery voltage along circuit SBB39 (WH/RD) through the air compressor relay and then to the air compressor along circuit CCL08 (BN/BU). The air compressor is supplied a ground along circuit GD123 (BK/GY) and the air compressor relay is supplied a ground along circuit GD123 (BK/GY).

Possible Causes
Fuse(s)
Circuit open
Circuit shorted
Air compressor relay
Air compressor
Air suspension module

OP
OP
DF5.4

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The compressor died. I'm going to order one and replace it as soon as I can.

B

bedrck46

Thanks for the up-date Let us know how you make out after you install the new compressor

blackdragon

Reaction score
Hey Bedrck, you seem to know quite a bit about this suspension, after your breakdown of how it works makes me wonder if my "suspension module" crapped out and you tell me....I got the same issue but just out of no where, I was driving home from work 5 min from home and felt the rear end suddenly really bouncy, but no warning at the info center. When I got home checked fuses (ok), tested compressor (ok), tested compressor relay (ok) but it will not get power and lastly I heard the solenoids clicking in the rear bags but its dropped and no pwr to compressor relay. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
DF5.4

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK, I finally got a day that I could replace the compressor. I started the truck and nothing. I turned the air suspension off and back on and the compressor started and leveled the truck. I am still getting a message to check the air suspension. I hit the reset button and it clears. I haven't had a chance to take the truck very far.

OP
OP
DF5.4

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have driven the truck. Everything is level. No leaks. The truck sat for a couple of days and the back did not sink. I even filled it up last night from 1/4 tank and it releveled the truck when i started it up. When I start it I get the check air suspension message every time. I hit the reset button and it does not come back on. Only when I start the truck. Does anyone know if there is something I need to reset?

OP
OP
DF5.4

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am still getting the check air suspension message when I start the truck. I clear it and it does not come back on. The air suspension is working properly. Does the message need to be reset? How?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360