Air Suspension Problem After Battery Replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Letigre87

Reaction score
Sorry for bringing this post back from the dead. What was the resolution to your "check air suspension"? I've scoured the internet and yours is the only thing that matches my symptoms. I had a pump and sensor failure, replaced both and still get the message. Everything works as it should, just get the message at start up.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Sorry for bringing this post back from the dead. What was the resolution to your "check air suspension"? I've scoured the internet and yours is the only thing that matches my symptoms. I had a pump and sensor failure, replaced both and still get the message. Everything works as it should, just get the message at start up.
Did you disconnect the battery when you replaced those parts? If you didn't then I recommend you try that first

Letigre87

Reaction score
I tried it. Shy of taking it to Ford, which is what it's coming down to, I think I've tried it. I had access to a mid range scan tool which gave me the original pump failure and sensor codes but it couldn't clear the faults after the repair. I think it needs to be calibrated by a dealership scan tool but wanted to check before I took it up there. Some codes clear on repair, others have to be cleared, wasn't sure about these

Letigre87

Reaction score
Solved "check air suspension" message. After replacing the pump and right rear sensor was left with codes c1991 and c2002. It needed a scan tool to initiate the pneumatic test. As soon as it passed the codes cleared and message went away.

esko

Reaction score
Hi! I got similar problem, my Expy won't lift up after battery dissasembly. I replaced the compressor but the code C1770 (solenoid valve) remain. You wrote "It needed a scan tool to initiate the pneumatic test." - what scan tool? at the dealership?